Military Crate

23 replies to this topic

#1 Wargen023

Wargen023

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:35 AM

Yesterday we tried to build a military crate, but ran into a problem that i expected to find some threads about since more noobs must have ran into to this problem, if it is a problem to begin with...

WIth survival rig and activity backpack i can fit 4x Small wooden palettes and 4 boxes of nails plus a hammer, but at that point my bags are exactly full. So full i cant fit the blue print in my inventory so we couldnt build it.

Do i need a high end backpack to be able to build it?

#2 waize

waize

Members

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:58 AM

If i remember it right, we had one guy with a British rucksack holding all the components.So to answer your question; yes you need a bigger pack son! :)

#3 whiteman

whiteman

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:23 AM

Exactly. You need biggest backpack to build it. It easier with tent though.

#4 zodiak

zodiak

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:42 AM

You can bulid it with activity backpack and tacvest. 1 pallet in the vest and 3 in backpack. I though i build one with the survival rig, but i can be mistaken.

#5 Wargen023

Wargen023

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:05 AM

Ok thank you for the answers, a bit annoying that the last item left on the ground was the blue prints .

They are not very big or heavy, and to be honest it would be far easier to read a blue print that is on the ground right in front of me, than reading a blue print laying in the backpack im wearing. :P 

#6 munnraibe

munnraibe

Forum Special Operative

• 180 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

minimum is survival rig + activity backpack. very tight but works. even got to balance with the blueprint (matters where you put it).

#7 Wargen023

Wargen023

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:05 AM

Aha, then we should be able to do it after all! :)

Thanks for detailed information munnraibe.

#8 charognard666

charognard666

Forum Juggernaut

• 439 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:10 AM

And can we build it into our tent and carry it elsewhere ??

#9 waize

waize

Members

• 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:46 AM

And can we build it into our tent and carry it elsewhere ??

I'm not entirely sure what you mean but when you build something it gets built right there on the spot. So you can't build it and carry it in your inventory, if that's what you mean. At least you get to keep the blueprint :)

#10 CarbonUnit

CarbonUnit

Members

• 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

This is my first time trying to build a storage location.  So just for clarification, I do need to also have the blue print in my inventory to build the item as well?  I was trying to build the crate with tac-vest and activity back pack. Space seemed to be a problem, is it doable or do I need a British ruck?  

Re-read above, it looks like it is just enough room with survival rig and activity back pack.  Now to find the damn blue print, and survival rig.  I thought they where just info for what was needed, didn't realize I had to have it to build. Survive and learn I guess.  Hope I have enough drinks for the hunt.

#11 ShaggyDowns

ShaggyDowns

Members

• 21 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

I am currently using a survival rig vest + activity ruck and I def. couldn't carry the hammer and blueprints to build the crate. I dropped everything in my vest and ruck and all I could carry was the 4 x wooden pallets and the 4 x boxes of nails.  My buddy and I tried to build one last night and he had to end up building it, b/c he had a tact vest + activity ruck.

Also, just an FYI, I totally emptied out our ATV to try and transport the materials to build the military crate. The ATV was able to carry the 4 x boxes of nails + the 4 x wooden pallets + the 1 x hammer and then it was totally maxed out on space.  We couldn't fit anything else in the ATV.....not even the blueprint to build the crate. I tried to sneak a box of matches in there to test how much space was left in the ATV, but that wouldn't even fit.  

#12 zodiak

zodiak

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

you have to completly empy your rig and activitybackpack for shit and then y can fit the pallets and nails hammer,blueprint.!

#13 gambla

gambla

Forum Juggernaut

• 355 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

I feel lucky having found the bluebrint and survived the airfiled. But only to learn now that i need that vest and rucksack ?

Fantastic, now i have to walk back for hours and find that too. Why can't the devs do us a favor and simply add it to the wiki ? That should be the most easy part when developing a mod. How hard can it be ?

#14 OMWinter

OMWinter

Forum Juggernaut

• 731 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:27 AM

Very hard when they are busy building the game to play. All of this info is easily found in the forums so there is no rush to update the wiki.

#15 zephyr22

zephyr22

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:43 AM

at minimum you need a tac vest and activity pack but you need to empty EVERYTHING and play tetris with your inventory to make it all fit. 

with time and practice you will know what you need. 

i think there should be a limiting requirement to building a crate. and figuring this out by trial and error makes sure crates are earned -- and are more rewarding when you finally achieve it. besides, crates take up server memory = more desync?

if you dont enjoy difficulty and trial and error in games, then this probably isnt the right game for you. dont blame the devs, it was probably meant to be. why dont they just release a list of where the cars spawn on the wiki? why dont they tell us on the wiki where the best loot spawns? some people like to figure it out on their own.

#16 gambla

gambla

Forum Juggernaut

• 355 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

You don't need to defend the devs for all and everything. If we don't report these things (not bugs) they can't improve the mod.  I can enjoy difficulties in games but this issue is just a waste of time, considering that we do walk the map. Adding a line to the wiki is done in five minutes.

#17 OMWinter

OMWinter

Forum Juggernaut

• 731 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

Yes but adding 500 lines to address EVERYONES concerns and questions would take a shit ton longer than 5 minutes.

Can't expect them to add your suggestion but not someone else's. If they do one, they have to do it all and its not the priority right now.

What exactly do you want the wiki to say? There is already a detailed guide to bag and vest sizes. You can't really expect a page dedicated to the size of every object in game can you? Pick up a bag, put shit in it, see how much room is left. Doesn't fit? Find a bigger bag.

Warchief has said it will be updated when things are at or nearer to the finished stage.

#18 Deth

Deth

Celebrity

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 3760 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

Keep in mind that not all clothing is equal anymore.  Some classes default clothes hold more.

#19 zephyr22

zephyr22

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

Keep in mind that not all clothing is equal anymore.  Some classes default clothes hold more.

but can you fit a wooden pallet in your trousers? or a box of nails? would you even want to?

#20 Deth

Deth

Celebrity

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 3760 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

but can you fit a wooden pallet in your trousers? or a box of nails? would you even want to?

If hes only short a set of blueprints, a minor increase makes the difference.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Military Crate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is not affiliated with or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive
ARMA and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.