5 replies to this topic

#1 Cazh

Cazh

eX Imperator

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 2817 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

https://youtu.be/Aw8OmvPTf14

This is my first video for PUBG. I have plenty of footage that I've been hoarding for a montage but I literally have so many clips that I decided to start releasing smaller videos in the meanwhile.

The game is really fun. It's "Early Access™" and has a shit load of issues, but it is overall great fun for what it's worth. Our group has been playing this pretty much exclusively since release, it does a good job of mixing the large scale map with more arcade-like gunplay and it gives me a bit of hope that BP SA can do the same thing if not better.

Anyways, feel free to leave any questions about the game here and thanks for watching.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

#2 Jodarek

Jodarek

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 959 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

This Nagger is lit

#3 Endspire

Endspire

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 348 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

Good kills, I would like to see squad videos of you guys. PUBG is a hell of a lot fun, biggest let down is the frequency of the de-sync issues.

To touch on the BPSA, UE4 has shown through PUBG that a shooter can certainly thrive on the engine (so long as the de-sync is not an inherent issue with the engine itself).

#4 Cazh

Cazh

eX Imperator

• 2817 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:15 PM

Good kills, I would like to see squad videos of you guys. PUBG is a hell of a lot fun, biggest let down is the frequency of the de-sync issues.

To touch on the BPSA, UE4 has shown through PUBG that a shooter can certainly thrive on the engine (so long as the de-sync is not an inherent issue with the engine itself).

I only released this solo as my first video because it happened somewhat recently, I have a metaphorical mountain of mostly squads footage... just you wait ;)

And those were my thoughts exactly. My biggest initial hangup with the BP SA was that UE4 would not be capable of capturing the large scale feel of an open world and PUBG has demonstrated that it is at least somewhat possible. PU has acknowledged "inherent netcode issues" as the cause of the frequent desync (which is easily the biggest issue with the game in my opinion), so I'm really optimistic that it is just a problem with the game at the moment specifically and not the entire engine. The gunplay isn't quite on par with ARMA's level of difficulty, but I almost feel that was a design choice by PU to not scare off too many new players. Let's hope BP SA has better netcode and chooses to remain difficult.

#5 ghostshades

ghostshades

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:22 PM

I sure hope you tried the original also, so you know where things started. I know pubg is alpha but that's not the reason why I think battle royale (playerunknowns arma 3 mod) still is the coolest LMS around. I like it hardcore and unforgiving, that's why i play BP or day z games and on pubg the h1z1 genes are heading towards arcade, simplification, quick matchings to quick matches too many cool outfits. 

Hook me up if you wanna do a team round battle royale, new or experienced dont matter to me. My best solo rank was #124 i think

#6 Cazh

Cazh

eX Imperator

• 2817 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:58 AM

I did play the BR mod but only a small handful of games. It wasn't my favourite mode for A3 but something about this game keeps me coming back...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users