Photo

Will you support the kickstarter campaign?

61 replies to this topic

#1 Endspire

Endspire

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 348 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:47 PM

I will commit to pledging no less than $500 to the kickstarter [(Edit: I think I've said this before?)Edit 06/02/17: Proof below]. I know not everyone can afford to pledge so much but I hope that everyone can be equally generous within their means so that the dev team are able to make a BP that we can all appreciate just as much as we have appreciated the mod for all these years.

Their vision is closer than ever to being realized and I hope that we can all come together to contribute and help them through to the next chapter of the Breaking Point development.

No pledge is too small, so anything you can spare when the kickstarter begins will add up and be greatly appreciated. I just want the best damn Breaking Point experience that the dev team can possibly provide and I look forward to many more years of BP in the future.

I would also like to thank everyone that has put work into the mod, the standalone, and even on the forums for their continued hard work and sacrifice to deliver an experience unlike anything I've ever been a part of before. I wish you all the best and I can't wait to see how all this crazy shit unfolds. 

Proof: http://imgur.com/zLdnTKz

#2 DJTeschmi

DJTeschmi

Breaking Point Extraordinaire

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 1026 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

Hi,

I will, even if I'll not able to play the game when release because lack of time, even if I don't like the final experience render with UE. In other words, ill will support this project anyway because BP was at least 2500h in my life.

DJ

#3 Valtiel

Valtiel

• Developer
  • 1556 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

That is insanely generous Endspire, thank you very much. I truly hope that you feel what we deliver is worth your contribution. 

Our dedication to what we are currently working on has unfortunately caused our participation on the forums to be practically non-existent, so as of right now the only feeling I have is "we don't deserve that". I look forward to that changing however as we rebuild the community around our current efforts. 

Thank you again, the fact that even one person feels this strongly about what we are doing means a great deal.  :wub:

#4 Temudgin

Temudgin

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:00 AM

Will you support the kickstarter campaign?

I'll put a few dollars towards it for sure.
Have had 1000's of hrs of entertainment/shenanigans/breaks from reality for free from the BP devs, be happy to chip in . 

(Can't match Endspires offer , thats Awesome mate  :) )

#5 deathlyrage

deathlyrage

Breaking Point Dev

• Developer
  • 4581 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:13 AM

Kickstarter Launched

https://www.kickstar.../breaking-point

#6 donniepcgames

donniepcgames

Members

• 26 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:26 AM

I pledged $200 today. Can't wait to see this game!

#7 TehPASTOR

TehPASTOR

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:31 PM

I will give a few bucks. BP have given me hundreds hours of enjoyment, so the BP team deserve the attention and credit. Although I must say, I really really really dislike the character skins. For me the skins look more like something out Mad Max.

#8 DJTeschmi

DJTeschmi

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 1026 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:40 PM

I will give a few bucks. BP have given me hundreds hours of enjoyment, so the BP team deserve the attention and credit. Although I must say, I really really really dislike the character skins. For me the skins look more like something out Mad Max.

+1

Anyway, I just donated. Already 650 donators in one day, sound good :)

#9 GARDEA_11B

GARDEA_11B

Forum Special Operative

• 131 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:15 PM

Just donated I hope the end result is greater than we anticipated. Can't wait for beta access.

#10 Pectus

Pectus

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:51 AM

Apparently 3rd person periscope camera will be in the Standalone after all, despite previously it was stated to be first person only. The mod always struggled to fill 1st person only servers(as does any ArmA related mod), so I'll probably not spend any money until I see a healthy population of first person servers.

#11 deathlyrage

deathlyrage

Breaking Point Dev

• Developer
  • 4581 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:05 AM

Apparently 3rd person periscope camera will be in the Standalone after all, despite previously it was stated to be first person only. The mod always struggled to fill 1st person only servers(as does any ArmA related mod), so I'll probably not spend any money until I see a healthy population of first person servers.

There will be first person servers and on third person servers there is dynamic third person camera, that extends when running and is shorter when you have still movement. Which helps solve this problem.

Also the default first person implementation in Arma isn't that great. People get motion sickness and the FOV isnt easily changed. We have addressed this in the standalone game.

#12 GapDiggity

GapDiggity

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:12 PM

What's the plan if the kickstarter doesn't achieve its goal? You've alluded to an alternative finance source, however this is only if the project blows out after it has begun.

#13 Temudgin

Temudgin

Forum Special Operative

• 168 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:40 AM

You're backer 1346.

AU$ 108,990 pledged of AU$ 403,000 goal
:)

#14 Pectus

Pectus

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:03 AM

There will be first person servers and on third person servers there is dynamic third person camera, that extends when running and is shorter when you have still movement. Which helps solve this problem.

Also the default first person implementation in Arma isn't that great. People get motion sickness and the FOV isnt easily changed. We have addressed this in the standalone game.

Yeah, I'm not doubting that there will be 1st person only servers, but will those servers have any players is what I'm waiting to see before I spend any money. 

#15 MOOSEMAJESTIC11

MOOSEMAJESTIC11

Members

• 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

I've also chipped in $500, I am happy to do so even if i wasn't getting a ton of keys for my friends as we all have played probably a combined 5000 hrs in that mod alone.

#16 deathlyrage

deathlyrage

Breaking Point Dev

• Developer
  • 4581 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

I've also chipped in $500, I am happy to do so even if i wasn't getting a ton of keys for my friends as we all have played probably a combined 5000 hrs in that mod alone.

We will have videos up soon showing more about the project during the kickstarter.

Thanks everyone for your support. We wouldn't be able to do this without you. <3

#17 Kovacs

Kovacs

Forum Juggernaut

• Senior Admin
  • 762 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:37 AM

To everyone that has pledged so far, you are exceptional people. We cannot thank you enough - except perhaps by delivering the game we all deserve!

Even if you can't afford anything right now, you can show your support on our Steam, Twitter and Facebook pages.

https://twitter.com/BreakingPointG

https://www.facebook...akingPointGame/

http://steamcommunit...eakingpointgame

These are really the best way to keep up to date on the development of Breaking Point as well as news about some great content from our partners.

#18 Gusion

Gusion

Members

• 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:50 AM

I dont mean to be a force of negativity here, but what's alternative solution? As of this writing the kickstarter is headed for a spectacular failure. The goal is 400k AUD and after the initial rush the funding progress has been stuck at 28% or so for a few days. It's "all or nothing" so there clearly was an expectation that the goal will be surpassed easily. Is there something we don't know about? Some of the kicktraq data suggest a few backers are already pulling their backing out. This newest teaser https://www.youtube....h?v=rZvqf1JQfCU did NOT help things, as a matter of fact hours after the release the daily backing is now NEGATIVE at -108$ (as of this writing). The way I see it there just is not enough of hype and actual demonstrations of a product that can be actually finished within just about a year. The size of the existing community just isn't large enough and the devs or whoever is in charge of social media etc. are too damn quiet! Like where is everybody? There is not even nearly enough buzz and activity to generate the mass of income the devs want to make BP SA within the timeframe suggested. Also, just not enough people even know that BP SA exists, like where is the advertising, direct or indirect? 

Apparently, even with the support of some fairly popular streamers, it's not going to be enough. So whats the contingency? 

How will deathly secure funding if this effort fails? I'm certainly hoping that the project will move forward, if for nothing else, then for the sake of getting the sourcecode of the mod in the open and securing a chance for it's revival under someone who is more motivated to keep improving it despite all the flaws of the arma3 engine.

Don't get me wrong, I want the BP SA project to succeed as much as is realistically possible, especially the funding part so deathly can move on and let go of the "rights" to the mod or so to speak, since it seems he has just had enough of the arma3 engine, on top of not being paid. If this was a tight race to the goal with just 1% to go for the last few days I would probably become a backer just to push the project across the finish line, but it's not going to be even close atm...

#19 salmonella

salmonella

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:19 AM

My opinion may differ from many. I think before the release of this project, there were 3 things. Give people more video and pictures show. Not to throw father arma3 mod. Do a bit of support and patch it. Give some time and effort to fashion. To return online the influx of players. Without this project BP SA that I like is doomed. Sorry my translit. :wub:

#20 donniepcgames

donniepcgames

Members

• 26 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:39 PM

what's alternative solution? As of this writing the kickstarter is headed for a spectacular failure. The goal is 400k AUD and after the initial rush the funding progress has been stuck at 28% or so for a few days.

I'm not involved in the development of this game. I'm just a backer. I'm not speaking for anyone here. I am a business minded person though and I do understand how things work, especially when it comes to creative ideas and releasing content.

I assume that Deathlyrage and the team have business contacts who would be interested in buying his ideas, especially after the sales success of games like DayZ standalone and currently Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, which are both popular standalone games of mods created for Arma.

When investors get involved in buying ideas to sell... they are going to want to establish control of the product. That means if we want to see Breaking Point as the game that Deathlyrage intends it to be, our best hope is Kickstarter. Kickstarter will provide the funds to make this game happen. If another source or sources buys the ideas, we could potentially end up with a watered down version of the game or a more commercially friendly game. Investors are going to be more interested in making the most profit, as opposed to making the best game.

As a big time Arma/BreakingPoint/DayZ fan, who is also a streamer that constantly talks to other gamers and the community about games, Breaking Point seems to have two obstacles, both of which they can navigate around, in my opinion.

The first problem, are the Arma fans who are not big on gunplay feel of Unreal Engine mechanics, and the second problem, are all the other gamers who are sour toward any kind of game that reminds them of the DayZ Standalone. That one game's stalled development has really done a lot of damage to people's opinions of the open world zombie survival genre.

I have no doubt that BP will be a significantly better game than DayZ. However... convincing the gaming community of it could be a challenge.

What is the solution?

You have to find a way to fire up people and get them excited about this game. It might be a good idea to try and put together a basic demo that big streamers who are involved can play. Maybe let Sacriel and GoldGlove do a quick test demo that no one else has access to and let them stream the process.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users