PU Battlegrounds

12 replies to this topic

#1 GapDiggity

GapDiggity

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:15 PM

It's been out for a couple of weeks now, what does everyone think?

I'm having a shitload of fun with it myself. Sure, you have the bugs of early access (a concept the new community struggle with), but the overall game play and experience is intense - they've done a good job on it for where it is. 

#2 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

Breaking Point Extraordinaire

• 1448 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:28 AM

Overall and without playing it myself, I'd say it's just good for the shooter genre. Players get to enjoy exceptional level of freedom and arcade action without the usual, rigid team-based game rules, and it's yet another successful product sparked by modding and relative newcomers of industry or at least the genre (development team's first shooter, but they have previously made TERA and probably something else). Also, the game was created and launched in playable form quite quickly. Big issue with high budget titles is the length and consequental cost of long development process (ME:Andromeda and Tyranny are some examples I know of, with the latter being especially confirmed case of it). I'd wager they are making heaps of profits for that price and the sales figures, which is also good because it allows them to continue staying in the business of developing the game post-launch. And of course we all hope they do just that.

Never cared much for free-for-all arena modes myself though. Saving up my shooter nerve for Rising Storm, and this one other survival title...

#3 SNIFFU

SNIFFU

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:32 AM

its alot of fun, 10/10

#4 BongSau

BongSau

Stone Cold Pimp

• Admin
  • 1628 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:38 AM

Sometimes laggy always buggy but thoroughly addictive. Been enjoying it a lot.

Being unreal 4 the fact that the gun play and movement are as good as they bodes very well for the BPSA IMO.

#5 DJTeschmi

DJTeschmi

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 1019 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:32 AM

Didn't play myself because it seems to be too much arcade IMO. From my external point of view it look like h1z1 / miscreated style, I'm wrong?
The way the character is jumping, interacting with his weapon, the crosshair etc...

#6 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

• 1448 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:59 PM

look like h1z1

If I'm not entirely wrong, PU originally worked on Arma mods until getting hired to develop H1Z1's King of the Hill standalone multiplayer thingy, which the developer/publisher more or less abandoned. PUBG, as it has come to be called, is now developed by Bluehole, Inc. after PU broke off with Sony/Daybreak/whoever made H1Z1.

#7 BongSau

BongSau

Stone Cold Pimp

• Admin
  • 1628 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:18 PM

Didn't play myself because it seems to be too much arcade IMO. From my external point of view it look like h1z1 / miscreated style, I'm wrong?
The way the character is jumping, interacting with his weapon, the crosshair etc...

The jumping is a bit silly but they have said that they are going to reduce it a lot once they have implemented a vault/climb system. The rest of the movement definitely isn't arcadey and is much closer to Arma than H1Z1. The gun play isn't quite BP standards but the guns still have decent recoil and the ballistics are good.

#8 GapDiggity

GapDiggity

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

It is a bit arcade-y, but not in a negative sense. They've done a great job to design a game from the ground up around the original Battle Royale mod and it creates a very intense and fun experience.

Guns are definitely a lot of fun, and updates will be coming over the next few months. Damage model needs a fair amount of work and balancing. I do like that it's not a complete free-for-all - you can also play in pairs and groups.

From what I've read from the team, they've laid out a solid development plan in the short to mid term to get the game into a much more polished place.

#9 DJTeschmi

DJTeschmi

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 1019 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:01 PM

Ok thanks guys

#10 Tugboat

Tugboat

Tug Life

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 2633 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:50 AM

The gun play isn't quite BP standards but the guns still have decent recoil and the ballistics are good.

Most of it isn't in game yet. Ballistics, bullet drop, zeroing, etc. are all coming soon.

#11 BongSau

BongSau

Stone Cold Pimp

• Admin
  • 1628 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:56 PM

Most of it isn't in game yet. Ballistics, bullet drop, zeroing, etc. are all coming soon.

I read that too but my experience has been that there's a basic projectile physics system. Either that or there is some sort of trickery with optics that simulates it. Using the 8x scope for example you can't just aim at the centre reticle at longer ranges.

#12 Flankenstein

Flankenstein

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

Yeah there is a basic ballistics system, ive noticed that you do need to use the mill dots etc for longer ranged shots, and have seen thru the 8x scopes the drop effect, there is a small problem in the OC servers of groups hacking, we were robbed of 2 team wins last night from groups usiong some form of speed hack, they were moving about 8 to 10 times the normal speed, but im sure they will be on top of it soon enough given its popularity. Well done to their Dev team

#13 auldphart

auldphart

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:42 PM

PU stated he was going for a 25% kotk and 75% BR , I think he is very close to that.

The fact that BR guys call it arcady and the KOTK guys say its too hard and slooow kind of shows that mixture is working, IMO

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users