Photo

Fresh Start Exile Apocalypse - Dayz Mod Recreation!

13 replies to this topic

#1 dcm90

dcm90

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:33 PM

I honestly think this is the closest thing to BP right now. They use an expanded Cherno map(not the arma 2 outdated cancer that everyone plays in this dead mod).

The zombies are not annoying like other exile servers and you get that survival BP vibe and not the wasteland arcade from other Exile servers.

#2 GapDiggity

GapDiggity

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:58 PM

Link? Mods required? Video examples?

Bit more info might help...

#3 Desolator

Desolator

Up Close & In Full Auto

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 1191 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

They use an expanded Cherno map(not the arma 2 outdated cancer that everyone plays in this dead mod).

lol

#4 BongSau

BongSau

Stone Cold Pimp

• Admin
  • 1628 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:07 PM

http://www.exilemod....chernarus-r786/

Meh ryans zombies and demons, vanilla arma ballistics, crappy CUP weapons.

That said it looks like they have done a lot of tweaking so it might be worth a go.

#5 dcm90

dcm90

Forum Survivor

• 30 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:02 AM

http://www.exilemod....chernarus-r786/

Meh ryans zombies and demons, vanilla arma ballistics, crappy CUP weapons.

That said it looks like they have done a lot of tweaking so it might be worth a go.

im telling you, is the closest thing to BP right now in arma 3.

#6 GapDiggity

GapDiggity

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:12 AM

I'll give it a look but if ballistics are shit, it's an easy no from me.

#7 Tugboat

Tugboat

Tug Life

• 2633 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:50 PM

eX, STR and WCD are all playing this mod at the moment. We're having a good time. The base building is nerfed so it's not like normal exile. It's the equivalent of having a haven. The main thing with the zombies is that they discourage camping. They'll come get you in your bush if you sit there too long which is a plus. The good loot is in the various military bases added by the developer and the standard airfields and promotes that people go north for the better gear. It's the updated build of Chernarus, not the A2 version. Nearly every building is lootable. Bikes are prevalent which lessens the blow of having to get back north to your squad when you die. Ballistics are fine from what I see. There has never been a time where I have questioned whether or not I should have gotten a kill. Weapon balance is good. There aren't any of the OP thermal scopes, etc. from vanilla exile.

The easiest way to join is through the A3Launcher. It'll download all the mods you need.

#8 GapDiggity

GapDiggity

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:07 PM

The easiest way to join is through the A3Launcher. It'll download all the mods you need.

Say what now?? Nearly 4 years playing and had no idea the A3launcher did this... I'm an idiot.

#9 Cazh

Cazh

eX Imperator

• 2813 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:37 PM

It is nilla A3 ballistics which is the biggest drawback. It is also my understanding that this was sort of thrown together by one of the staff of the Desolation Redux team to appease people until its release. Redux looks a lot more promising than this mod for sure.

#10 BongSau

BongSau

Stone Cold Pimp

• Admin
  • 1628 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:48 PM

Well I checked it out today and I must say it's the best exile server I've played on. The vanilla damage models and ballistics are average and although it is a good version of A2 cherno I still don't much like it compared to other maps available.

On the plus side loot seems well balanced and it certainly has that DayZ mod vibe to it. Would have been awesome if they used RHS weapons and vehicles instead of CUP but hey.

Do any of you guys know whats up with the seasons? That snow looks pretty sweet.

Say what now?? Nearly 4 years playing and had no idea the A3launcher did this... I'm an idiot.

Lol noob :P

#11 massiNOR

massiNOR

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:35 PM

Do any of you guys know whats up with the seasons? That snow looks pretty sweet.

It has a 3 weeks summer/fall, 1 week winter cycle. 

#12 BongSau

BongSau

Stone Cold Pimp

• Admin
  • 1628 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:28 AM

It has a 3 weeks summer/fall, 1 week winter cycle.

Interesting thanks.

#13 Absolute

Absolute

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 732 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:16 AM

I've been playing different exile servers. My biggest gripe is the bs stats when you double click ammo, guns. Modded gun dmg is bad. AK varieties are worst. The special Carrier rig is op as. Other than that I'm having fun.

Maybe I'll hop in this server again. C u guys around.

-Zero Cool ig name.

#14 Cazh

Cazh

eX Imperator

• 2813 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:21 AM

Yeah, it is definitely subject to multi-weapon pack balancing issues. It is not a bad mod though and I have had some fun with it as well.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users