• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Tugboat

Tugboat

Tug Life

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 2629 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:21 PM

Yeah, dude. I'm also looking forward to Engineer class. Apparently that class can fix up any vehicle fully once per life. Also when they shoot on vehicles, they do extra damage because they know the weak points.

-Lt. Steve

Engineer won't be in the mod but will be in the standalone. This has been confirmed.

#22 LtSteve

LtSteve

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 203 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

That's disappointing seeing as I probably won't play the Standalone. It's too bad they aren't putting their energy into the mod.

-Lt Steve

#23 Desolator

Desolator

Up Close & In Full Auto

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 1188 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:14 AM

For obvious reasons..

Since the editor has been removed from the menu I wonder if its possible for BP to remove the graphics options ingame?

This shit keeps me from playing.

This really pissed me off a while back when I started playing New Haven. The shadows in the forest looks amazing, but leaving it on is a huge disadvantage as everyone else seems to have it off so they can see everything clearly, making foliage pointless. Not to mention other settings that turns trees into twigs.

I understand that not everyone has a good enough PC to play with all the graphics settings turned up, but it seems to more be an issue of people turning stuff down or off to get an unfair advantage. I tweeted BI and they said there is a server option to force graphics settings for everyone.

In Battlefield, all their settings consists of Low to Ultra, but not off, because it's mainly a multiplayer game and they know adjusting the graphics can make things uneven. In Arma, you should not be able to turn off shadows completely, or lower object settings that renders less shit on your screen.

I wonder what could be done about stuff like this in SA.

#24 GasT

GasT

BAS

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 2048 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:58 PM

This really pissed me off a while back when I started playing New Haven. The shadows in the forest looks amazing, but leaving it on is a huge disadvantage as everyone else seems to have it off so they can see everything clearly, making foliage pointless. Not to mention other settings that turns trees into twigs.

I understand that not everyone has a good enough PC to play with all the graphics settings turned up, but it seems to more be an issue of people turning stuff down or off to get an unfair advantage. I tweeted BI and they said there is a server option to force graphics settings for everyone.

In Battlefield, all their settings consists of Low to Ultra, but not off, because it's mainly a multiplayer game and they know adjusting the graphics can make things uneven. In Arma, you should not be able to turn off shadows completely, or lower object settings that renders less shit on your screen.

I wonder what could be done about stuff like this in SA.

Yeah always been annoying knowing that some might not see the bush your hiding in and so forth but its manageable, this shit though being able to see thru any building or object is just ********.

But yeah you should not be allowed to turn some of the settings of either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users