23 replies to this topic

#1 GasT

GasT

BAS

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 2048 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:20 AM

For obvious reasons..

Since the editor has been removed from the menu I wonder if its possible for BP to remove the graphics options ingame?

This shit keeps me from playing.

#2 LtSteve

LtSteve

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 203 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:00 PM

For obvious reasons..

Since the editor has been removed from the menu I wonder if its possible for BP to remove the graphics options ingame?

This shit keeps me from playing.

The main reason why people don't play Tanoa is because the graphics are too intense. Now picture Breaking Point's dwindling population being told they can't optimize graphics on any map because of some pussy getting wrecked and blaming it on graphics. The population would die.

-Lt. Steve

#3 GasT

GasT

BAS

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 2048 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:13 PM

The main reason why people don't play Tanoa is because the graphics are too intense. Now picture Breaking Point's dwindling population being told they can't optimize graphics on any map because of some pussy getting wrecked and blaming it on graphics. The population would die.

-Lt. Steve

They should still be able to do it in the menu just not ingame..

This change if something would bring back population.

PS Damn you have become a tough guy lately... Should maybe not act so tough when your in reality being carried by a friend lol

#4 LtSteve

LtSteve

Forum Special Operative

• 203 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:20 PM

I'm surprised you consider me a tough guy. We're just having a friendly conversation. I did have fun fighting your squad up a Molos a few weeks ago. I'll admit your squad had perseverance despite getting Lynx'ed time and time again. That must have been quite a run for them.

Devs would never take options away from players. If anything, they would give more options to the players.

-Lt. Steve

#5 GasT

GasT

BAS

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 2048 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

I'm surprised you consider me a tough guy. We're just having a friendly conversation. I did have fun fighting your squad up a Molos a few weeks ago. I'll admit your squad had perseverance despite getting Lynx'ed time and time again. That must have been quite a run for them.

Devs would never take options away from players. If anything, they would give more options to the players.

-Lt. Steve

We came up one time after dying dont exaggerate, interesting that you found it fun cause as i remember you where the first to die and then We never saw or heard you again. You lasted what 3min? As i said your being carried by your friend.

Second time i came up i did a stupid charge cause it was close to restart/bed.

Nope they removed the editor from BP cause it was exploitable, so it would not be the first time  ;)

#6 LtSteve

LtSteve

Forum Special Operative

• 203 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:28 PM

We came up one time after dying dont exaggerate, interesting that you found it fun cause as i remember you where the first to die and then We never saw or heard you again. You lasted what 3min? As i said your being carried by your friend.

Second time i came up i did a stupid charge cause it was close to restart/bed.

Nope they removed the editor from BP cause it was exploitable, so it would not be the first time   ;)

I think we both know why you never saw me again ;) I will sing a lullaby next time.

-Lt. Steve

#7 GasT

GasT

BAS

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 2048 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

I think we both know why you never saw me again ;) I will sing a lullaby next time.

-Lt. Steve

Nope did you keep dying on the way up?

We had one guy up there all the time to.

#8 LtSteve

LtSteve

Forum Special Operative

• 203 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:34 PM

Nope did you keep dying on the way up?

We had one guy up there all the time to.

Rock a by baby on the treetop...

-Lt. Steve

#9 GasT

GasT

BAS

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 2048 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:40 PM

Lt Steve played since Nov 2013 and only 325 kills and now you claim to be a good player lol

#10 Sixten69

Sixten69

Members

• 24 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:07 PM

Pfft, lol GasT

#11 LtSteve

LtSteve

Forum Special Operative

• 203 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:25 PM

Lt Steve played since Nov 2013 and only 325 kills and now you claim to be a good player lol

I like to slow play and savor the moment. Ask your mom.

-Lt. Steve

#12 GasT

GasT

BAS

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 2048 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:16 PM

I like to slow play and savor the moment. Ask your mom.

-Lt. Steve

Classic. Mom sure seem to get a lot of action, lots of kids that like 70 year old ladies it seems.

Back to topic though, have you even seen how the exploit works? Its a real game breaker.

DonĀ“t want to go into to details here of course or i would have sent a link.

#13 Tugboat

Tugboat

Tug Life

• 2629 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:49 PM

How to derail a thread 101

#14 GasT

GasT

BAS

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 2048 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:07 AM

Forgot that it would also remove the "rangefinder" exploit. So at least 2 exploits would be removed.

In DayZ SA you even need to do changes in a file to change the setting.

#15 LtSteve

LtSteve

Forum Special Operative

• 203 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:15 AM

The devs are only releasing one more patch before abandoning this mod forever. This has been announced. I'm curious to see what changes will be included in this patch. Personally I would like to see the Engineer class added.

-Lt. Steve

#16 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

Breaking Point Extraordinaire

• 1436 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:57 AM

The devs are only releasing one more patch before abandoning this mod forever. This has been announced.

-Lt. Steve

I wonder where. White House?

#17 LtSteve

LtSteve

Forum Special Operative

• 203 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:31 AM

I wonder where. White House?

Not sure if you're being facetious, but here:

http://steamcommunit...110976589233183

-Lt. Steve

#18 GasT

GasT

BAS

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 2048 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:59 PM

True but its worth trying to get them to fix this.. If this is a easy solution that would bring back players i dont think they are completely locked on not releasing a small update, it would be one thing if it was time consuming bug hunts rather then disabling someting.

Not sure if it is that easy though but feels like it could be.

#19 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

Breaking Point Extraordinaire

• 1436 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:26 PM

Not sure if you're being facetious, but here:

http://steamcommunit...110976589233183

-Lt. Steve

From that page:

There will be one final mod patch before the kickstarter is launched which will fix most of the current major bugs. However, the mod will be open sourced and posted on github to anyone who wants to help out and improve the mod. We can pull requests and patch the mod with those community sourced fixes. One of the side effects of open sourcing the mod is that the community will fragment and everyone will run their own Breaking Point Mod versions with different files. We hope that we can work together to create a better mod experience that doesn't fragment as much as the other open source mods. Our official Breaking Point mod servers, teamspeak, discord, and forums will continue to be maintained by our staff, we are not closing shop yet.

Edit: That isn't to say that these plans cannot change.

Edited by Rhapsodios, 28 February 2017 - 02:53 PM.

#20 LtSteve

LtSteve

Forum Special Operative

• 203 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:17 PM

True but its worth trying to get them to fix this.. If this is a easy solution that would bring back players i dont think they are completely locked on not releasing a small update, it would be one thing if it was time consuming bug hunts rather then disabling someting.

Not sure if it is that easy though but feels like it could be.

Yeah, dude. I'm also looking forward to Engineer class. Apparently that class can fix up any vehicle fully once per life. Also when they shoot on vehicles, they do extra damage because they know the weak points.

-Lt. Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users