Event feedback

38 replies to this topic

#21 fairtex

fairtex

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 314 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:22 PM

Okay, The AO should be fairly small, maybe 1x1 km (just suggesting), having some, but not too much freedom to run around and find a camping spot. If this is going to happen on a BP server which will be modified, I would suggest that 7.62 and higher caliber weapons be left out from the loot table. Enfields, shotguns, scoped .500 magnums, few AK's and an occasional M4 would do the trick. Why? Sure everyone will want to have fun.... While sitting in a bush with an M25, playing the waiting game. If it's an event - it should be exactly that. On spot squad cooperation (4-5 man teams), scarce ammo, taking risks... Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I'm sure the point I want to make is clear. 

Additionally, when talking about objectives or goals other than last man standing, maybe hostage rescue. I'll be the hostage. I'll behave. I swear. And finally, where? Stratis - too open, but can go both ways, as the Airfield seems good, but not of lot of starting locations for the teams. Unless you want to make the Airfield the objective, in which case the main road or the base on the hill will become the Alamo cus they're pretty much the bottleneck of the airfield. Thirsk - too much dense and green, except the for town itself. Oh yea, there's a guy on the needle. Altis, maybe Oreokastro, cus if that's the objective - there aren't many spots to sit at. Hills and trees yes, but not pine trees. And now comes the part where you have to clear buildings, enfield vs shotgun. Waaaaait. SALT LAKE! Anyway, these are just a few suggestions, not expecting them to be the final rules, just wanted to help. 

#22 Jodarek

Jodarek

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 959 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

;)

Its because id mow down way too manny of you :P

#23 serjioss

serjioss

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:03 PM

Nice.

40k are interestin.

#24 Cazh

Cazh

eX Imperator

• 2817 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:27 PM

The ideal map and weapons depend a lot on the type of objective. A king of the hill type objective that moves to a new random location once captured would work excellent on Altis with the full weapon selection available, however the same on a smaller map may require more weapon restrictions. A kill-based objective would be better fit to a smaller area/map and also with weapon restrictions. All on a freshly wiped server, of course.

#25 Koskenkorva

Koskenkorva

Members

• 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:29 PM

No prizes for winners! Just fun!

"No sniper rilfes, no supressors, no long-range scopes" thats good conception for Stratis map.

#26 Cazh

Cazh

eX Imperator

• 2817 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

I support no suppressors.

#27 GooberBaby

GooberBaby

Members

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:21 PM

I will also help further the motion of no suppressors. Make everyone have the Winchester short actually. I want those.45-70, cannon sounding rifles just explode eardrums. (due to the fact that we shouldn`t have .50 cals and have the Winchesters to supplement)

#28 Backlash

Backlash

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 397 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:27 PM

Entry fee . No thanks

#29 TasmanianTiger

TasmanianTiger

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 634 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:25 AM

Look at that that Jodarek Idiot left BP and now we can do funny Legion v Legion events!

:D

First Person (for pros) / Third Person (for all)?

#30 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

Breaking Point Extraordinaire

• 1453 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:18 AM

There are so many different notions on what is good for the game and what is fun... 

-Find out how many legions are willing to participate and then how many people they can get to do it to establish a base for how many people per legion. Do this first before you do a bunch of work on the event only to not have enough people.

-Make a new server/wipe the server it'll be played on to get rid of all the hoarded or duped gear. Let everyone have an equal chance.

^

#31 saehl

saehl

Forum Special Operative

• 138 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:11 AM

remember the times when stuff like this "event" was daily business across multiple servers :(

memories

#32 BongSau

BongSau

Stone Cold Pimp

• Admin
  • 1629 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:32 AM

remember the times when stuff like this "event" was daily business across multiple servers :(
memories

No I don't remember BP ever doing events like this on any server.

The only thing close to an event that I know of was first person fridays.

Might have been before my time although you only joined a couple of months before me.

#33 saehl

saehl

Forum Special Operative

• 138 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:49 AM

Might have been before my time although you only joined a couple of months before me.

I think you missed my point :D, I wasn't criticizing the idea. I'm just dwelling in memories, where squad wars were basically happening all day on more than just one server, without having to organize an event. I think it's a good idea, but I don't care tbh because my legion doesn't really play anymore.

#34 massiNOR

massiNOR

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:49 AM

Create a fun event and I'm sure WCD can gather up a good bunch of guys to come back and play with you.  :D

#35 Cazh

Cazh

eX Imperator

• 2817 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:47 AM

Is there any interest in organizing a semi casual legion smash this weekend?

#36 Demonpwndu

Demonpwndu

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:58 PM

I could probaly get my crew togeather for it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

#37 Absolute

Absolute

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 732 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:07 PM

I vaguely remember Deathly incorporating another game mode on a server or two. It was AO based like Kavala maybe??? You only could find bs loot. It was like throwables or pistols only I can't recall.

If Deathly still has the files it might help depending on what you wish to accomplish Kovacs.

I personally think anything more than what ex was doing with byol is a bit ambitious.

I'm guessing deathly would need to be involved and I doubt that will happen.

#38 Demonpwndu

Demonpwndu

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:14 PM

Yea was called gladiator or something like that kavala partioned off. And only Melle weapons and throwables but that was a long time ago.

#39 DBT

DBT

Manual Cleanup Script

• Head Admin
  • 1392 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:47 PM

Yea was called gladiator or something like that kavala partioned off. And only Melle weapons and throwables but that was a long time ago.

I remember this lol

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users