Event feedback

38 replies to this topic

#1 Kovacs

Kovacs

Forum Juggernaut

• Senior Admin
  • 757 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:10 PM

We are in the inital stages of planning an event for the community. Looking like its going to be legion v legion, or at least squad v squad.

#2 GapDiggity

GapDiggity

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

Temple, first to 20 kills, proximity mines.

On a more serious note, sounds like an awesome idea. Might be worth promoting it via the launcher and Twitter to spread the word.

Map - Altis

Spawn - West

I don't want to suggest a fixed AO, but perhaps a broad between Agios Dionosys through to Kavala. Creating an initial fixed AO removes the element of unknown that is half the fun of a good battle.

I wouldn't change the loot spawns or loadouts - let legions bring what they want to bring. I'm keen to see who's stashing the helis.

One last thing - could you consider the different timezones when scheduling. Us AU/NZ players get it tough on these, so perhaps we can aim for a weekend event?

#3 Tugboat

Tugboat

Tug Life

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 2629 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

Judging from previous BYOL events, having anything on a big map and expecting people to find each other in a reasonable amount of time probably wouldn't work. New Haven or Thirsk imo

#4 Kovacs

Kovacs

Forum Juggernaut

• Senior Admin
  • 757 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:36 PM

Yeah TB, Im feeling some Thirsk action. Would make it easier to sort out spawns etc If possible I would like everyone to spawn in with the same gear. Or lack there of. It will all depend on how long it would take to do some bespoke loot tables. Maybe Stratis, as that have very little high end loot. I want this to be about the teamwork not who has the biggest gun.

We are thinking of putting a small entry fee for each squad, with the proceeds going to the winners. Of course everyone entering will get something. The fee part will depend on what you guys think. There could easily be a a decent sized prize pool if there are enough entries.

#5 GooberBaby

GooberBaby

Members

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:53 PM

Ya, I like the Idea of people bringing what they have stored. I Thirsk or Stratis would be fun and somewhat small and more manageable. As far as Load outs go, maybe a randomization of the vintage weapons, would be fun to hear M1 garands, Karabineer, Winchester collector +, going off. 

#6 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

Breaking Point Extraordinaire

• 1436 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

Altis without central spawn or east only, with multiple exclusion zones that kill players if they disconnect while there.  :P That should allow everyone to grab their stash if they want, and put action progressively towards somewhere anybody can find it.

Probably terrible idea. :lol:

#7 dirtylau

dirtylau

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:32 AM

Altis or Stratis for me. Would much prefer the glory of ARMA 3 textures.

Would prefer a legion system than squad but obviously capped at a certain number to make it fair.

Please no suppressors, .50cals or helos but add more vehicles if its Altis. 

#8 Kovacs

Kovacs

Forum Juggernaut

• Senior Admin
  • 757 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:08 AM

Cant see it being altis and we want fast paced action. Unless we cordon off a section like Kavala or Pyrgos. Stratis would be so much simpler, at least for the first time. SO what do people think of an entry fee with the winner takes the pot?

#9 TasmanianTiger

TasmanianTiger

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 618 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:42 AM

Event`s on Breaking Point, is this the result of the monotony?

Jodarek ask this for +/- one year and all user say`s bullshit this is a survial mod go Play Cod or something. B)

Happy new year on all.

#10 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

• 1436 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:02 AM

Keep the discussion on this thread constructive, please.

#11 DJTeschmi

DJTeschmi

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 994 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:21 AM

Cant see it being altis and we want fast paced action. Unless we cordon off a section like Kavala or Pyrgos. Stratis would be so much simpler, at least for the first time. SO what do people think of an entry fee with the winner takes the pot?

I'm ok with Stratis.

You mean with real money? How to determine the winner? Like battle royal maybe?

#12 MorphineBP

MorphineBP

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 449 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:09 AM

A little map not currently available on any server.

It would motivate people.

#13 Cazh

Cazh

eX Imperator

• 2811 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:34 AM

Yeah TB, Im feeling some Thirsk action. Would make it easier to sort out spawns etc If possible I would like everyone to spawn in with the same gear. Or lack there of. It will all depend on how long it would take to do some bespoke loot tables. Maybe Stratis, as that have very little high end loot. I want this to be about the teamwork not who has the biggest gun.

We are thinking of putting a small entry fee for each squad, with the proceeds going to the winners. Of course everyone entering will get something. The fee part will depend on what you guys think. There could easily be a a decent sized prize pool if there are enough entries.

My argument against Thirsk is that it is poor quality overall and has a lot of exploitable features of the map. My argument against Stratis is that the first group with a DMR is going to dominate the open hillsides. If the loot tables were altered to a more "competitive" set of guns, I could see Stratis working perfectly.

My second issue is that simply "most kills wins" will not promote good competition. There needs to be some sort of objective. This is a solution that may require some extra thought/effort.

Lastly, we've been asking for a legion only server for ages and were even teased with the idea at one point. I don't think it's too late to implement something like this.

#14 BongSau

BongSau

Stone Cold Pimp

• Admin
  • 1621 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:01 AM

Well this certainly sounds like fun. If it was possible sectioning off say a few km radius surrounding Pyrgos/PMC on Altis would be amazing. Also I would love to see AK varients only and no range finders if the custom loot tables are going to happen.

As Cazh says an objective or goal to determine the winner makes sense.

Just off the top off my head but perhaps there could be a badly damaged vehicle at an undisclosed location and teams have to work to find, repair and extract it from the area. Whichever legion manages to get the vehicle to one a few extraction zones wins.

I will put some more thought into the idea but it could encourage team work and make for some interesting fights.

#15 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

• 1436 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:53 AM

Would it be possible to bring stashed gear while modifying the current loot tables? Competitive-level play is important but it would also be fun to see all that gear  and vehicles everyone has gathered put to good use.

They could also be completely separate events ofc.

#16 Jodarek

Jodarek

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 952 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:08 AM

Look at that that Jodarek Idiot left BP and now we can do funny Legion v Legion events!

#17 DBT

DBT

Manual Cleanup Script

• Head Admin
  • 1392 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:33 AM

this isn't viable imo but gl making it work.

#18 massiNOR

massiNOR

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

Look at that that Jodarek Idiot left BP and now we can do funny Legion v Legion events!

:D

#19 DBT

DBT

Manual Cleanup Script

• Head Admin
  • 1392 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:58 AM

Look at that that Jodarek Idiot left BP and is back in less than a week.

;)

#20 Tugboat

Tugboat

Tug Life

• 2629 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:32 PM

A few suggestions:

-Find out how many legions are willing to participate and then how many people they can get to do it to establish a base for how many people per legion. Do this first before you do a bunch of work on the event only to not have enough people.

-Make a new server/wipe the server it'll be played on to get rid of all the hoarded or duped gear. Let everyone have an equal chance.

this isn't viable imo but gl making it work.

That's the spirit

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users