• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 dav420

dav420

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:22 AM

Is there any havens left?  Iv noticed +10 empty buildings that where taken last week, I found 2 havens open right next to each with gun cabinates in both, I made a haven from the materials found in them... it lasted 24 hours and it was blown again..  4 safes were blown on same map yesterday all on fire at the same time?!

Smells a bit fishy

#2 DJTeschmi

DJTeschmi

Breaking Point Extraordinaire

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 1026 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:44 AM

That sounds not good at all... chernarus ? Some strange things happened recently.

#3 GasT

GasT

BAS

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 2059 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:50 AM

Yeah defo strange things happening lately, hope some admins can take their time and spectate the servers a little more.

#4 Jodarek

Jodarek

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 959 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:01 AM

Ppl just dupe explosives now so safes arent safe at all anymore

#5 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

• 1453 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:24 AM

Is there any havens left?  Iv noticed +10 empty buildings that where taken last week, I found 2 havens open right next to each with gun cabinates in both, I made a haven from the materials found in them... it lasted 24 hours and it was blown again..  4 safes were blown on same map yesterday all on fire at the same time?!

Smells a bit fishy

Clustering havens together (especially on a map that has very limited options for building them in the first place, like Chernarus) doesn't seem like smart idea to me lol.

If you were able to find 4 safes blown up during roughly same time window, why would it surprise you that somebody else could do the same? A handful I.E.D. is not exactly difficult to build provided you have the materials stashed, and gamers love to farm during low traffic time windows even in mods like this.  :P

Only thing I can smell is new year's eve fireworks... There was greater population traffic during the holidays, I wouldn't be surprised at all if people were dumping their farmed explosives on havens and safes by now.

Edited by Rhapsodios, 07 January 2017 - 09:25 AM.

#6 Tugboat

Tugboat

Tug Life

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 2634 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

Clustering havens together (especially on a map that has very limited options for building them in the first place, like Chernarus) doesn't seem like smart idea to me lol.

If you were able to find 4 safes blown up during roughly same time window, why would it surprise you that somebody else could do the same? A handful I.E.D. is not exactly difficult to build provided you have the materials stashed, and gamers love to farm during low traffic time windows even in mods like this.  :P

Only thing I can smell is new year's eve fireworks... There was greater population traffic during the holidays, I wouldn't be surprised at all if people were dumping their farmed explosives on havens and safes by now.

With respect, if you don't actively play the game, you can't make these statements. On Cherno, it's likely that ALL buildings are havened. Two havens next to each other doesn't mean that the same group has both. Smart idea or not, it's what you have to do if you want a haven and that's what's available. IEDs are more difficult to build now because of grenades despawning so unless you feel like running back to a stash every time you get a nade off someone, it isn't as easy as it once was. That being said, when you kill a group of people and they all have IEDs on them and a hefty amount of grenades, it's easy to say that it's fishy because it's out of the norm. There are dupers, there have always been dupers, and the admins have generally taken care of them quickly but it's never going to completely be stopped. There are constantly new youtube videos of Russian groups showing themselves duping. I understand it's a PR nightmare to say a game has vulnerabilities, but all games do, especially Arma which has had issues since day one with duping and BI will never fix them. We need to face fact here.

#7 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

• 1453 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

I'm not making any statements, merely providing a different point of view. So long as there are more than one person in the world, they will cheat one another... but even after everyone else are long gone, the last person around will continue to blame some external elements they had no control or witness of.

Havens and safes being blown up is a natural course of the game, and you guys of all the players of the mod know (to my knowledge ;) ) it's not unusual at all to find multiple locations raided within a short window of time (which in this case wasn't very short, but a whole day?). The OP wasn't very specific on which server or in which locations, or during which time they experienced the events described, either... nor did anyone else report any similiar findings in their comments so far. Doesn't qualify for another witch hunt thread yet IMHO, so I hope somebody can provide more information or investigate further (as was the dav420's request).

#8 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

• 1453 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:35 PM

And with that said, anyone with actually useful information to submit to this discussion can ask me personally to reopen the thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users