• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TimTimONE

TimTimONE

Members

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:28 AM

Hey there Guys, I dont know if this is already in discussion, but i can imagine that..

I'd really like to see some kind of Spawnprotection System for this. Somehow like 2 Minutes unvulnerability or that the Killing Player doesnt get his points. its really frustrating do die within seconds of the game, when you dont have any Loot for that player, hence being killed just for the level points...i dont believe that is what was imagined by the devs?

Anyway, Im quite new to this and im sorry, if there is already a discussion about that.

Yours, TimTim

#2 DJTeschmi

DJTeschmi

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 938 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:29 AM

This system used to exist in the past, but was broken some day by an Arma update. It will exist in the SA I can imaginebut I'm not sure it will reappear in the mod anymore.

#3 MorphineBP

MorphineBP

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 346 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:36 AM

You have still something like 2-5 seconds of invulnerability when you're connecting/spawning (just experienced that yesterday). I know it's not a lot but...

#4 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

Breaking Point Extraordinaire

• 1352 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:08 PM

Somehow like 2 Minutes unvulnerability or that the Killing Player doesnt get his points. its really frustrating do die within seconds of the game, when you dont have any Loot for that player, hence being killed just for the level points...i dont believe that is what was imagined by the devs?

This isn't entirely accurate, as many higher level faction characters spawn with powerful equipment such as grenades or tranquilizer sniper rifles or other objects capable of serious hurting. Spawn camping is something that should be combated with mechanics other than lengthy invulnerability timers, and like the two others said, there was protection in place against farming faction points from freshly spawned players, but that also had its issues and questions (like same absolute duration being less useful or balanced depending on map type, such as Stratis vs. Altis). It's actually impossible to create a protection system that can adapt to EVERY situation out there, like hunter pursuing freshly spawned max level outlaw with an axe and not receiving progression despite their likely considerable efforts (the outlaw spawns with grenade in their inventory so it's definitely not without risk).

#5 RobertMD

RobertMD

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:27 AM

#6 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

• 1352 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:13 PM

Nobody's being forced to play survivalist...  :P

#7 DJTeschmi

DJTeschmi

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 938 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:39 PM

Nobody play survivalist on Stratis, this is not a map to survive it's a pvp map.

#8 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

• 1352 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:42 PM

If only knives weren't dropping out of inventory... :(

#9 Temudgin

Temudgin

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:18 AM

Its kind of an incentive to stay alive and get to lvl 3 of whatever you are playing as  ;) .. all factions except Independents spawn with something that you can kill with at Lv3.
Even at Lv2  Its only Rangers, Outlaws and Indy's that have nothing .
http://thezombieinfe...ction_equipment

@ OP .... This thread .. http://www.thezombie...menka-campers/ ... kind of touches on the subject of spawn protection, and other things .. ..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: In-GAME, Spawn, Chernarus, Points

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users