New Haven - My Favorite Arma 3 map

8 replies to this topic

#1 donniepcgames

donniepcgames

Members

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:08 PM

I love the New Haven Map. I love the farmlands. Love the spread out areas. Love the bridges and isolated areas and forests. I love the city of New Haven and how it looks. I REALLY love the random gated communities where it looks like people were trying to survive the apocalypse and things got out of hand.

It's my understanding that this map will not be used for the standalone, and I also understand that it will not be made available to port on Arma 3 so that custom mission makers can use it.

This is my plea to the powers that be... please consider doing New Haven for the standalone, or something very similar. If not... please consider releasing the map so that mission makers can use it. I understand not putting it on workshop, but it could be posted on Armaholic or elsewhere?

#2 DanielPas

DanielPas

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:50 PM

I agree best gameplay in BP.

#3 SleeprunnerInc

SleeprunnerInc

Members

• 11 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:01 PM

I'd play on it if it woudent cause me to have 15 frames on it and woudent be so darn dark.

#4 donniepcgames

donniepcgames

Members

• 15 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:47 PM

I'd play on it if it woudent cause me to have 15 frames on it and woudent be so darn dark.

I have no problems with FPS unless I'm in the city, and I just turn my overall visibility down to 1000. I kind of like the unique look of the sky. It could be improved for sure. Here is some gameplay from the recent session where we managed to get some people on the server.

https://www.twitch.t...mes/v/102855405

#5 xUnknown

xUnknown

Forum Juggernaut

• 750 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:34 PM

Theres a glitch where if you look south east at a certain place your frames drop to 10-20 fps other than that the map is fine & as he stated in the other comment put max distance to 1k its more than enough on new haven.

#6 SleeprunnerInc

SleeprunnerInc

Members

• 11 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:01 PM

I don't know what it is but randomly I might have 50-60 frames and the next 15-20 frames max.
No matter what happens its always a guessing game when starting dayz.

#7 donniepcgames

donniepcgames

Members

• 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:58 PM

I really do love New Haven. Is there any plan to fix the sky box on it or is it fixed??

#8 erremmcee

erremmcee

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:48 AM

http://www.thezombie...en/#entry293480

#9 Vexillum1

Vexillum1

Forum Survivor

• 98 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:03 PM

The fps drop is due to the rendering of certain objects such as trees not being handled correctly. To fix this just find a decent object rendering range setting and stick with it or alternate to settings that work better in problem areas like cities. As for the lighting issue I know of a simple hot fix where u load altis or stratis before logging to new Haven and for some reason the lighting on those 2 maps carryover and fix new haven once per load. Try it and see for urself. This will not fix the sky box however.....

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users