exploit

13 replies to this topic

#1 Kovacs

Kovacs

Forum Juggernaut

• Senior Admin
  • 760 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:25 PM

Just letting you know that we will be treating anything that is considered an exploit in the usual way (ie players caught doing said exploits will get their accounts suspended / perma banned) . I am saying this as there seems to be some confusion over several bugs caused by the Arma 3 Apex update (and whether or not they count as an exploit). I am here to tell you they do and not to do it.

I am not going into detail on what these are of course, as talking about it will just make our job all the more time consuming (and contrary to popular belief we do not enjoy keeping you off our servers).

I have been watching the servers and have been making a list of those players I have seen using these exploits. Count this as your warning. Next time I will not be taking the time to make posts on the subject, if you get my meaning.

Edit : I don't want this thread to be used to post evidence on suspected exploiters / hackers or w/e. Just PM them to me or come find one of us on TS.

#2 ShallowTech

ShallowTech

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 247 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:42 PM

Thank you! Cheaters do nothing but ruin games! Cheers ;-)

#3 fairtex

fairtex

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:20 PM

Thanks man!!!!!!! Best post in a long time!!

#4 Frankis

Frankis

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 632 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:31 PM

Love it....bye bye exploiters

#5 Cazh

Cazh

eX Imperator

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 2813 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:45 PM

Now if only we could get THAT BUG fixed...

A good first step.

#6 tgrdz

tgrdz

Forum Survivor

• 54 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:11 PM

what is this exploit can someone explain i'm new in this mod 

#7 Tugboat

Tugboat

Tug Life

• 2633 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:27 PM

what is this exploit can someone explain i'm new in this mod 

In order to not educate everyone on how to perform any exploit/bug abuse, it won't be discussed. What it boils down to is if something doesn't seem like fair gameplay, it's probably not and it's best not to participate in that type of gameplay.

Edited by Tugboat, 30 July 2016 - 05:27 PM.

#8 tgrdz

tgrdz

Forum Survivor

• 54 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:51 AM

In order to not educate everyone on how to perform any exploit/bug abuse, it won't be discussed. What it boils down to is if something doesn't seem like fair gameplay, it's probably not and it's best not to participate in that type of gameplay.

cheating and glitching They should get ban no mercy :P 

#9 MorphineBP

MorphineBP

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 474 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:15 AM

You should push hard to make them fixing this specific bug instead of massive bans (low player pop ATM, not related but still low).

No ETA or anything about potential resolution. Just blurry ban threats... Not cool.

#10 Endspire

Endspire

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:33 AM

I trust most people on this mod to act honorably and not engage in this sort of behavior. I think bans are perfectly fine considering.

#11 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

Breaking Point Extraordinaire

• 1449 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:07 AM

You should push hard to make them fixing this specific bug instead of massive bans (low player pop ATM, not related but still low).

No ETA or anything about potential resolution. Just blurry ban threats... Not cool.

Some things cannot be easily or quickly fixed, such as the one Valtiel discussed in the other thread regarding current status of development of the mod. Players who abuse bugs knowingly may also be more likely to practice other unfair exploits or inherent issues within the engine like combat logging.

#12 MorphineBP

MorphineBP

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 474 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:05 PM

I'm sure you know what you do. I don't experience cheaters or exploiters daily so it's definitely clean.

I prefer to celebrate bugs resolution though (I really do) than ejection of people. I don't want to end alone on a server, unable to find anyone to play with and oc still struggling to repair the d**** car ^^

#13 BongSau

BongSau

Stone Cold Pimp

• Admin
  • 1628 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:02 PM

I'm sure you know what you do. I don't experience cheaters or exploiters daily so it's definitely clean.

I prefer to celebrate bugs resolution though (I really do) than ejection of people. I don't want to end alone on a server, unable to find anyone to play with and oc still struggling to repair the d**** car ^^

For starters as admins we have absolutely zero control over when, if or what bugs get fixed. All we are able to do is help people with problems and attempt to stop people cheating on BP servers. Make no mistake actively exploiting bugs for advantage is cheating.

Regardless of what game you play (especially arma) there will always be bugs and there will always be people willing to exploit them. Letting these cheats go unchallenged is what really makes for dead servers.

Up until the OP I was seeing players exploiting one specific bug almost every time I played. Now it seems much more rare so it has acted as a deterrent if nothing else.

I don't know about you but I personally would rather play on a server with 20 legit players than a full server plagued by cheaters.

#14 Kovacs

Kovacs

Forum Juggernaut

• Senior Admin
  • 760 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:58 PM

For starters as admins we have absolutely zero control over when, if or what bugs get fixed. All we are able to do is help people with problems and attempt to stop people cheating on BP servers. Make no mistake actively exploiting bugs for advantage is cheating.

Regardless of what game you play (especially arma) there will always be bugs and there will always be people willing to exploit them. Letting these cheats go unchallenged is what really makes for dead servers.

Up until the OP I was seeing players exploiting one specific bug almost every time I played. Now it seems much more rare so it has acted as a deterrent if nothing else.

I don't know about you but I personally would rather play on a server with 20 legit players than a full server plagued by cheaters.

Very true. While the amount of people using these bugs and exploiting them has dropped, it is still happening. Over the last few days I have been forced to ban a number of people for it. Its not something I enjoy so please observe our server rules.

On last thing, if you do happen to get an in game suspension, dont try and get around it and ban evade. That's a permanent ban that you wont be getting out of. Just accept the consequences of your actions.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exploit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users