Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:17 PM

24€ for a DLC... Fuck.

is more than a dlc, is an expansion

#43 WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut

Owner of the funny hat

• 287 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:18 PM

Except I don't think they work for people that haven't bought Apex right?

Thanks for the crash confirmation. Still looking for confirmation that chinook crates are dropping and not getting stuck in the air.

Just to add to this, non-Apex owners can ride in Apex vehicles, but only as passengers. Crew positions (such as driver or gunner) are locked to DLC owners only.

Just a guess, but probably because they are DLC - Everyone on Tanoa obviously has the DLC so no issue, but if you're on Altis and don't have the DLC and then find a DLC weapon you couldn't use it

(I'd read somewhere that it's not like the Marksman DLC that would let you use stuff but with the Watermark, Apex is just a no go without the DLC).

You actually can't use the Marksman stuff unless you own the Marksman DLC in the context of a mode like BP (where loot is found in containers or bodies). DLC items have to either be present in the inventory of the unit from the start, or by adding it to the inventory via a script, it can't be done manually through looting. This is similar to how DLC vehicles can not be piloted or driven by non-DLC owners in normal circumstances, but can be if those units are spawned into the vehicle in the driver position. I believe this same system applies to Apex weapons.

#44 Rosco

Rosco

Silly Bugger

• 613 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:26 PM

You actually can't use the Marksman stuff unless you own the Marksman DLC in the context of a mode like BP (where loot is found in containers or bodies). DLC items have to either be present in the inventory of the unit from the start, or by adding it to the inventory via a script, it can't be done manually through looting. This is similar to how DLC vehicles can not be piloted or driven by non-DLC owners in normal circumstances, but can be if those units are spawned into the vehicle in the driver position. I believe this same system applies to Apex weapons.

Marksman Ghillie's and their uses resulting watermark if you didn't own the Marksman DLC. That was a frequent source of chagrin for my guys too cheap to buy it while playing BP.

#45 WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut

Owner of the funny hat

• 287 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:35 PM

Marksman Ghillie's and their uses resulting watermark if you didn't own the Marksman DLC. That was a frequent source of chagrin for my guys too cheap to buy it while playing BP.

The Ghillies are treated differently from the weapons, I don't know why. Possibly an oversight from BI.

#46 ndirishassassin

ndirishassassin

Members

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:40 PM

1: ive seen crates from helis and crashes. although helis seem to want to crash then turn around and crash somewhere else. not sure if intended 2: i logged out and lost my apex chest rig after server restart. 3: gas doesnt fill helicopters 4:see picture below 5: parachuting causes apex max not to work in apex guns(gun is unuseable and/or mags disappear) 5: US servers trolololol hur dur88def3a14c.jpg

#47 dcm90

dcm90

Members

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:44 PM

also can the bp devs add some bridges to connect all the islands? or at least to the main island? because two islands on the west are completely isolated from the main island.

#48 Abbylad

Abbylad

Forum Survivor

• 81 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:58 PM

Yes there will be US servers. I believe the ping limit is 800 for the EU servers currently.

Yes you must be on the dev branch to play on the servers regardless of if you're playing Tanoa or not until later today when the Apex patch is released. The paid DLC is only part of that patch; consider it a normal arma update.
Blackfoot or chinook

Hurry up and give em a server, the crying and salt I've just had from one of our chubby brethren from across the pond on EU9 was funny as fuck. Crying that I was lagging which was why he couldn't shoot me apparently. Me with my 19ms ping on an EU server and it was me that caused the problem lol.

I put some of your salt on my food, was good. Wish I'd got your name and wish I had my mic plugged in :D

#49 Teddy104

Teddy104

Forum Survivor

• 40 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:59 PM

You can't interact with apex vehicles, it says the vehicle is locked and it urges you to buy apex. found a sort of jet ski on the coast of altis around central spawn and swam to it but to no effect

#50 MrR0GUE

MrR0GUE

Members

• 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:12 PM

http://images.akamai...33FC3B48B16E9B/

http://images.akamai...3C2562AA45C1E8/

#51 Maxiward

Maxiward

Forum Special Operative

• 193 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:13 PM

Night is baaaack yeaaaaah

#52 MorphineBP

MorphineBP

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:31 PM

Looks like another patch after 0.1711 will be needed quickly... big hopes for after though, huge potential.

#53 Tugboat

Tugboat

Tug Life

• 2604 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:34 PM

You can't interact with apex vehicles, it says the vehicle is locked and it urges you to buy apex. found a sort of jet ski on the coast of altis around central spawn and swam to it but to no effect

Yes, Apex vehicles aren't supposed to be on the non-apex map I believe

#54 Dreadd

Dreadd

Forum Survivor

• 78 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:33 PM

The cargo chopper gets stuck at times. Shooting the crate free, which drops to ground, gets it going on its route.

Are there boats on Tanoa? I havent been able to find any at all, and highly recommend them if possible (esp spawn islands). Its becoming a new spawn campfest on the bridges and ferry points.

#55 anarky321

anarky321

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

fps on this map sucks.....i had to turn shadows down to 50 and object distance to 800 just to squeeze 30fps in town

#56 Cazh

Cazh

eX Imperator

• 2740 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:02 PM

A lot of problems but a lot of potential. The biggest problem is no doubt the spawn trap on the SW islands. The ferry is also a nice idea but I don't think it works well in game; I super dislike how you can't be shot while inside it.

#57 Ph4ntomz

Ph4ntomz

Members

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:18 PM

is there an ETA for a Tonoa US Server?

#58 ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve

Scuba Squad Leader

• 1425 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:22 PM

So that there aren't a ton of similar posts, please keep all "new release" discussion in this thread. Please report all bugs here so that the devs can fix them without searching through multiple threads.

Known bugs:

• BP ammo cannot be used in Apex weapons (also 40mm cannot be used in Apex GL)
  • BP scopes/attachments cannot be used on Apex weapons
  • Floating loot/missing buildings at a few barracks http://imgur.com/FIbhLgj
  • Battleye kicks when sometimes getting in the ferry - Should be fixed
  • Global/side chat still working
  • Chinook drops not working on tanoa? Please confirm if you've seen a crate on the ground
  • Throwables reportedly still disappearing
  • Apex vehicles reported on non-Apex maps
  • Bipods are still backwards facing
  • Fuel stations have "proximity auto fueling" enabled
  • Rifle melee sometimes works, sometimes doesn't
  • Apex clothing despawns on restart
  • First aid kits in-game, unknown if intentional but they don't do anything
  • When on the ferry, your gun will float next to you http://imgur.com/EWJO2Ds
  • Players are invincible on the ferry
  • Extra options when repairing vehicles http://imgur.com/9m4g7qU http://imgur.com/WkqGY3I
  • Possibly an Arma issue but the wrong caliber is in the description of CMR-76 http://imgur.com/aJOG8Rg
  • Chopper crashes tend to go to the same area http://imgur.com/QR03Qgu
.1711 Changelog: http://steamcommunit...367011502795094
you with them damn bipods :)

#59 Endspire

Endspire

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:36 PM

"Apex vehicles reported on non-Apex maps". Not sure if you still needed concrete evidence: 

http://images.akamai...EE0647AB796EA1/

#60 Dogmeat

Dogmeat

Forum Survivor

• 57 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:42 PM

Yup I've had an apex vest disappear on restart. My jeep disappeared too but I found it at the previous place I'd parked it.

From my few hours on the server it seems that very few construction materials spawn on Tanoa. I've had 4 boxes of nails and one hydraulic cylinder and that's it. Not a single wooden pallet. Anyone having better luck? DCFA? ;)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users