Photo

What does everyone find so great about Chernarus BP?

85 replies to this topic

#21 GasT

GasT

BAS

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 2054 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:44 AM

On Altis, mayhbe one or 2 hours, spent most o my time on Esseker until Chernarus was released. Altis feels too "open" and flat and everything kinda looks the same for me, so much so that if I have no compass or map it's kinda hard to tell which grassy knoll I was heading for before doing a 180 degree scan behind me. 

As i suspected.

#22 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

Breaking Point Extraordinaire

• 1449 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:49 AM

Chernarus has deer stands. Objective fact. ;)  :D

#23 GasT

GasT

BAS

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 2054 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:03 AM

I find it funny that people with low hours clocked on Altis blame it for being both open and military compound focused.

To Me its exactly the opposite, its no other map that offers so much action on the travel paths as Altis and not at all as focused on battles in a few towns and hotspots as the other maps.

But it takes a lot of time learning the map then learning travel paths and on top of that being out of your comfort zone that can be a bit scary so I get it to some extent.

#24 kuroi1988

kuroi1988

Members

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:41 AM

As i suspected.

What's that supposed to mean? XD 

It's not to my liking so I haven't played it much, that is all ^^.

Too big for my taste :3

#25 HixXy

HixXy

Forum Survivor

• 60 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:49 AM

Im yet to See Taviana mentioned on here surely there is BP fans out there that love it as much as i do! best map ive ever played

#26 Turkinpippuri

Turkinpippuri

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:16 AM

Altis and Stratis are simply so much better-looking that there is simply no competition. It's good to have options though, and as we can see both Altis and Chernarus servers are both completely packed on EU.

#27 GasT

GasT

BAS

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 2054 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:36 AM

What's that supposed to mean? XD

It's not to my liking so I haven't played it much, that is all ^^.

Too big for my taste :3

You had more against it in the first post. Many statements that you can't possibly have had the time to experience under such a small time frame.

And it's common for Cherno preachers that they have never even really given Altis a real test for some reason.

That a map is to small I can buy or if it's 50+% larger map but Altis is what 20-25%(?) larger then Cherno and it's really a design that invites to travel to different locations each session, great variety in landscapes and locations if one want's.

I do understand the environmental thing if you live in areas that are more similar to Cherno but at the same time not, I live in Sweden and feel far more immersed on Altis then on Cherno thanks to everything rendering in much much better and colours being more natural then the weird ARMA 2 ports.

#28 MarlboroManTX

MarlboroManTX

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:11 AM

I wish this mod had the Bozcaada map.  Altis can seem too big at times and stratis doesn't have enough buildings/loot areas.  ( I prefer arma 3 terrains/assets)

#29 BongSau

BongSau

Stone Cold Pimp

• Admin
  • 1628 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:58 PM

Yeah guys, another chernarus thread, let's all comment on how it blows and is dumb rather than giving any insight as to why we have formulated that opinion. Not enough buildings for the "hardcore" 3rd person altis enthusiasts to camp in. If only chernarus had giant green military towers that provided 90% hard cover that you could shoot from the top of and see 1.5km in every direction or 100m long bush tunnels that conceal you 98%, or giant reed growth that you can completely hide inside. God, if chernarus only had all of those things then we could all effectively hide, ambush, and think we outplayed people that never saw us or had a chance to actually fight back. Chernarus is confirmed cancer, please just remove all of the 5 constantly capped servers so the population flourishes again.

Plenty of people have given many reasons why they dislike Cherno. I for one have explained it in detail and always get the same response of "its most pop its best" so i wasn't even going to bother. But if you insist here we go

- The combat is stale and repetitive. It always takes place in the same handfull of areas and considering that a lot of us have played it across 3 different games that is as boring as watching paint dry.
- It looks terrible. The arma 2 assets (foliage, terrain, infastructure and buildings) are all of a much lower resolution than the arma 3 ones.
- Non-enterable buildings. It most definitely has nothing to do with 3pp but rather enterable buildings add another dimension to gameplay and another hazard to worry about. BP is meant to hard and unforgiving and cherno is definitely easy mode in that regard
- The lighting is aweful. Once it gets dark any light source looks like a solar flare and you often get bugged black areas at the centre of fire etc.
- The spawn camping is out of control. For those of us who have actually experienced how good the end game can be in BP spawn shit fights just are not fun.
- Bulletproof bushes. They are everywhere on cherno and often ruin combat.
- Terrain friction values. There doesn't seem to be any and as a result any car can travel at max speed on any terrain making the roads near pointless. You can travel at the same speed on the sand, grass etc as you can on the roads meaning there are no choke points for vehicles.
- Damage to the community. Before cherno was released the player base was strong and was spread pretty evenly across all the maps that were on offer. This meant that it was easy to get some variety if you wanted. When Cherno was released a lot of large groups that were sick of cherno having played it to death already left and the pop is only now starting to get back to what it was.

Just remember that just because something is popular doesn't mean that it's good.

#30 MildlyIrritatedScotsman

MildlyIrritatedScotsman

Members

• 29 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:48 PM

I read a topic started by player here on the forums who had actually lived there on Limnos and commented how exact work BI made with Altis, military graveyards, scale of the island, number of villages and all. So it seems to me that Chernarus is more fictional in its design than Altis.

That was me, I grew up there.

The island it 80% the size of the real thing and all the villages are in place. They changed the names of the island and the villages  due to this unfortunate "espionage" incident. The only thing that feels a bit off to me is that the Island seems a bit "flat" when I am roaming the hills but that's me knowing the proper geography of the place.

The Hospital and Terminal are the same on the outside with the ones on the Island and the Ghost hotel and the Kart track next to the airfield are almost an exact replica. The location of the military bases with the exception of the main Airfield are fictional though.

Unfortunately, I live in Japan now and I can join only the US servers. Since practically all maps apart from Cherno are dead there, I am stuck with it. Its not a bad Map IMO but I am starting getting fed of it.
Spawn, get some civ loot, PvP, rinse, repeat.

#31 BadContrakt

BadContrakt

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 1777 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:53 PM

That was me, I grew up there.

The island it 80% the size of the real thing and all the villages are in place. They changed the names of the island and the villages  due to this unfortunate "espionage" incident. The only thing that feels a bit off to me is that the Island seems a bit "flat" when I am roaming the hills but that's me knowing the proper geography of the place.

Unfortunately, I live in Japan now and I can join only the US servers. Since practically all maps apart from Cherno are dead there, I am stuck with it. Its not a bad Map IMO but I am starting getting fed of it.
Spawn, get some civ loot, PvP, rinse, repeat.

So jealous of you having been to Lemnos. I want to vacation there once. Would you recommend it? Is there anything to do for tourists?

Even if there's nothing there for tourists... It doesn't matter to me. I would just drive around the island all day and be like "I've hid the Vannad in those reeds a thousand times!"

"Hey that's where I put my very first crate!"

"I fought BAS over there on that hill!" I would get out and re-enact the whole firefight for my wife and she would laugh so hard at me.

#32 ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve

Scuba Squad Leader

• 1439 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:16 PM

Plenty of people have given many reasons why they dislike Cherno. I for one have explained it in detail and always get the same response of "its most pop its best" so i wasn't even going to bother. But if you insist here we go

- The combat is stale and repetitive. It always takes place in the same handfull of areas and considering that a lot of us have played it across 3 different games that is as boring as watching paint dry.
- It looks terrible. The arma 2 assets (foliage, terrain, infastructure and buildings) are all of a much lower resolution than the arma 3 ones.
- Non-enterable buildings. It most definitely has nothing to do with 3pp but rather enterable buildings add another dimension to gameplay and another hazard to worry about. BP is meant to hard and unforgiving and cherno is definitely easy mode in that regard
- The lighting is aweful. Once it gets dark any light source looks like a solar flare and you often get bugged black areas at the centre of fire etc.
- The spawn camping is out of control. For those of us who have actually experienced how good the end game can be in BP spawn shit fights just are not fun.
- Terrain friction values. There doesn't seem to be any and as a result any car can travel at max speed on any terrain making the roads near pointless. You can travel at the same speed on the sand, grass etc as you can on the roads meaning there are no choke points for vehicles.
- Damage to the community. Before cherno was released the player base was strong and was spread pretty evenly across all the maps that were on offer. This meant that it was easy to get some variety if you wanted. When Cherno was released a lot of large groups that were sick of cherno having played it to death already left and the pop is only now starting to get back to what it was.

Just remember that just because something is popular doesn't mean that it's good.

^^^this

#33 BadContrakt

BadContrakt

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 1777 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:32 PM

Wasting your breath. Sex sells, and Deathlyrage is the biggest pimp around. I believe Cherno is here to stay.

If you started a new ad campaign for your business, and your sales increased tenfold, would you stop running that ad because a couple of people asked you to? Fuck no you wouldn't. Cherno brings in new players. New players = overall greatness to the mod.

I would literally sell my soul to get rid of that shit fucking shitfuck cunt fucking map, but I'm not holding my breath, nor should you. Our only hope, and I mean our only hope... Is that the new map "coming soon" causes Cherno to dry up like a raisin, cause the devs don't care what we few have to say about why we think the map shouldn't be in BP. And I don't blame them. It's good business to keep it.

#34 Desperado070

Desperado070

Members

• 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:35 AM

What do you mean by Chernarus has real mountains, forests and city's? Altis and Stratis have all of those things too. Like Chernarus they are both based off real world locations.

It is more the feeling of, don't get me wrong altis and statis are great maps.

But when you compare the both to Chernarus they both feel like big islands thrown full whit random buildings.

While having every 100 meters a line of rocks as hard cover, in Chernarus you have to think how to move from A to B.

When we take Kavala and Chernogorsk, i don't have the same feeling in altis than i do in Chernarus again...

But as said before that you can't open all buildings is a big downside, also especially in big towns.

Whereby arma 3 maps stand out, whit being able to open atleast 70% + of all the buildings.

#35 MildlyIrritatedScotsman

MildlyIrritatedScotsman

Members

• 29 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:41 AM

So jealous of you having been to Lemnos. I want to vacation there once. Would you recommend it? Is there anything to do for tourists?

Even if there's nothing there for tourists... It doesn't matter to me. I would just drive around the island all day and be like "I've hid the Vannad in those reeds a thousand times!"

"Hey that's where I put my very first crate!"

"I fought BAS over there on that hill!" I would get out and re-enact the whole firefight for my wife and she would laugh so hard at me.

I would highly recommend to go there on summer. There are tons of things to do and see especially if you are into swimming in the sea. The island (objectively) has the best range of beaches so you can get something that fits your taste.
Also there is plenty of good food both seafood and meat and plenty of wine to wash it down.!

I would recommend visiting the desert on the north. I have not visited on Altis as yet, so I am not sure if its there digitally!

if you do decide to go, send me a PM and I can fill you with as much info as I can!

Hopefully I can meet you on Altis as well ! :)

#36 BadContrakt

BadContrakt

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 1777 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:14 AM

I would highly recommend to go there on summer. There are tons of things to do and see especially if you are into swimming in the sea. The island (objectively) has the best range of beaches so you can get something that fits your taste.
Also there is plenty of good food both seafood and meat and plenty of wine to wash it down.!

I would recommend visiting the desert on the north. I have not visited on Altis as yet, so I am not sure if its there digitally!

if you do decide to go, send me a PM and I can fill you with as much info as I can!

Hopefully I can meet you on Altis as well ! :)

Oh the jealousy! I have so many questions! How long have you played Arma 3 and known about Altis being a replica of your home?

#37 Chills

Chills

Forum Survivor

• 34 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:09 PM

i play on eu servers so i can play atlis or other maps. chernarus is boring. DayZ SA u can enter so many more buildings. 

#38 AussieBobby

AussieBobby

Forum Special Operative

• 247 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:26 PM

i play on eu servers so i can play atlis or other maps. chernarus is boring. DayZ SA u can enter so many more buildings. 

It so much more fun entering all those building at 15fps

#39 auldphart

auldphart

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:58 PM

1. All arma maps are based on real locations (cherno is an arma map) 

2. cherno brings in a lot of newb players ,good for the mod terrible for game play.

3. enterable blgs does NOT mean more loot it just spreads the loot out and provides more places to get killed from and takes much longer to loot an area << this is NOT a plus.

4. players looking for loot have not adapted to the loot delay , bad for them good for the next guy that comes along and now has the previous guys spawned loot to sort through.

All that said i have never played cherno and prolly never will sorry but in my opinion it has terrible spawns but because of the layout it will not be fixed didn't like it in dayzsa don't like it in bp.

Altis and Esseker and NH for good bp (slower developing) play, stratis and thirsk for hard and fast pvp, or central altis or cherno for the same .

#40 PsychoDuck

PsychoDuck

Forum Survivor

• 32 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:44 PM

I'm one of those people who came in this mod where Chernarus was added. I bought ARMA 3 only to play BP on Chernarus. Until this map was added, I looked videos about mod, but only this map made me buy the game and install BP.

A long time ago, i spent much time and had a lot of fun in DayZ Mod (ARMA 2), until it was ruined by cheaters. Then I bought Dayz Standalone, but it was dead at the start, because of cheaters, bugs and development priorities.

And now, with BP and this map I can finally play in game that I love, without cheaters and other shit.

Why this map? Because it evokes nostalgia for the good old days in Dayz Mod. It's not perfect, problems of map are already listed in the previous posts, but it is still the best for me, because its a good old gameplay of Dayz Mod, and i lovin it.

I understand the indignation of other players, because their favorite maps become less popular. They want to gameplay they love on other maps, continued to exist. But it's the same thing that we wanted playing Dayz Mod.

Now the game has a choice of maps, removing from this choice Chernarus - is to promote the interests of certain players to the detriment of other.

• Sorry for my English (used Google Translate)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users