Yeah guys, another chernarus thread, let's all comment on how it blows and is dumb rather than giving any insight as to why we have formulated that opinion. Not enough buildings for the "hardcore" 3rd person altis enthusiasts to camp in. If only chernarus had giant green military towers that provided 90% hard cover that you could shoot from the top of and see 1.5km in every direction or 100m long bush tunnels that conceal you 98%, or giant reed growth that you can completely hide inside. God, if chernarus only had all of those things then we could all effectively hide, ambush, and think we outplayed people that never saw us or had a chance to actually fight back. Chernarus is confirmed cancer, please just remove all of the 5 constantly capped servers so the population flourishes again.
Plenty of people have given many reasons why they dislike Cherno. I for one have explained it in detail and always get the same response of "its most pop its best" so i wasn't even going to bother. But if you insist here we go
- The combat is stale and repetitive. It always takes place in the same handfull of areas and considering that a lot of us have played it across 3 different games that is as boring as watching paint dry.
- It looks terrible. The arma 2 assets (foliage, terrain, infastructure and buildings) are all of a much lower resolution than the arma 3 ones.
- Non-enterable buildings. It most definitely has nothing to do with 3pp but rather enterable buildings add another dimension to gameplay and another hazard to worry about. BP is meant to hard and unforgiving and cherno is definitely easy mode in that regard
- The lighting is aweful. Once it gets dark any light source looks like a solar flare and you often get bugged black areas at the centre of fire etc.
- The spawn camping is out of control. For those of us who have actually experienced how good the end game can be in BP spawn shit fights just are not fun.
- Bulletproof bushes. They are everywhere on cherno and often ruin combat.
- Terrain friction values. There doesn't seem to be any and as a result any car can travel at max speed on any terrain making the roads near pointless. You can travel at the same speed on the sand, grass etc as you can on the roads meaning there are no choke points for vehicles.
- Damage to the community. Before cherno was released the player base was strong and was spread pretty evenly across all the maps that were on offer. This meant that it was easy to get some variety if you wanted. When Cherno was released a lot of large groups that were sick of cherno having played it to death already left and the pop is only now starting to get back to what it was.
Just remember that just because something is popular doesn't mean that it's good.