26 replies to this topic

#1 Thiefcatcher

Thiefcatcher

Members

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:59 AM

Hi there,

is there any possibility to activate 2 or 3 more Cernarus sever? It´s great that the Server are crowded but anoing if u can´t connect even as VIP cause the places are full. And ALL Cenarus server are packed at the same time so you can´t connect at Cenaus at all. And this "sucks" ,-)

So, any chance that you put some more Servers up??? Would be GREAT ;-) thx in advance

TC

#2 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

Breaking Point Extraordinaire

• 1391 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:59 AM

http://www.thezombie...-new-chernarus/

Total player count has been rising slightly from what I can tell but probably not enough to open more servers just yet.

#3 DogPatch

DogPatch

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:33 AM

I think the servers costing super expensive

#4 Belixeloure

Belixeloure

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:35 AM

http://www.thezombie...-new-chernarus/

Total player count has been rising slightly from what I can tell but probably not enough to open more servers just yet.

Is it possible to raise the cap up to 100, you think?

#5 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

• 1391 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:20 AM

Is it possible to raise the cap up to 100, you think?

It is possible, as the cap was pushed as high as 125 for a while in the past. They played like crap compared to what we have now though.

Increasing player capacity per server is probably not going to happen because it fucks up server performance on both short and long term period, resulting in even more desync issues immediately, and over long term it'll become worse because more players per server increases the amount of objects (storage and other) they leave around which also negatively impacts server side performance. It's not just about the number of players currently on the server, it's also about everything they leave behind. I guess it's not incorrect to say that higher player pop will increase server performance problems exponentially.

If legion servers ever happen and they manage to make them switch maps every three hours, cleaning up everything, I think it could make it possible to run those servers with up to 100 players. Just a hopeful guess though.

#6 Braindead911

Braindead911

Trigger Happy Moderator

• 2377 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:24 AM

Only a couple of days ago NoHrt (the guy in charge of funds) tweeted that he would love to get us some more EU servers, but unless more donations come in it won't happen.

RT @NoHrt_zi: I think we are going to need some more EU servers. Sign up for VIP so we can afford these boxes <3 https://t.co/O5aquXmeok

Sorry, but servers cost money :/

Increasing player cap is not an optimal solution, since that comes with massive desync problems. The current caps are the result of the experiments we've done with it in the past and are more or less the "sweet spot" of where population is high enough to be fun but desync doesnt accumulate as much yet.

#7 ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve

Scuba Squad Leader

• 1429 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:55 AM

Plz no more cherno. People should try other maps. Imo every other map is better than cherno.

#8 Hypoxic125

Hypoxic125

Forum Survivor

• 70 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:28 AM

If I knew how to make maps on ARMA 3, Cherno could be the bomb. It already has beautiful terrain (that no ones sees cause they never go there) and with a little tweaking to spawns/loot, cover/concealment, and big city locations, it could be great. Its just the right size map. Not so small like Thirsk where its hard to get out of spawn, and not so big like Altis where you run around for ages.

Its just plagued because the big city locations are right where people spawn. Move some of the spawns around and allow for spawning all over, it would be better.

#9 Rhapsodios

Rhapsodios

• 1391 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:32 AM

Nohrt said last night on Discord that people connect spammed 41 and 42 right after restart and that they actually went down because of that.  :rolleyes:

#10 Absolute

Absolute

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 729 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:17 PM

Nohrt said last night on Discord that people connect spammed 41 and 42 right after restart and that they actually went down because of that. :rolleyes:

Yea I like a little chernarus, but ever since the EU servers have been packed all day everyday even when I do get a slot I hang and can't get in half the time.

I wasted 45 minutes today trying eu28 then got in and lost connection. Ghosted to 41 just for it to fail too. Then I just went with Altis.

#11 Thiefcatcher

Thiefcatcher

Members

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:19 PM

true. the reason why I asked. With other maps beeing more idle i.e. Altis, who are only in rare occations full while others, Cnarus,  are beeing packed all day. And since the servers beeing packt we recocnize the login failure cause the players "spam" the servers as early as possible to get a place on it. Result: often seen on the 41 an 42, that you might be able to see the lobby but as soon you press OK your caracter will not load. And there are only 30-50 people ON.

IF there is no money to get new servers ON, which I can unterstand, then mayby you can consider the change of the maps. Maybe taking 1 (one) Altis Map away for ONE more Cenarus.

Just an Idea. Thx, TC

Yea I like a little chernarus, but ever since the EU servers have been packed all day everyday even when I do get a slot I hang and can't get in half the time.

I wasted 45 minutes today trying eu28 then got in and lost connection. Ghosted to 41 just for it to fail too. Then I just went with Altis.

#12 ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve

Scuba Squad Leader

• 1429 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:30 PM

true. the reason why I asked. With other maps beeing more idle i.e. Altis, who are only in rare occations full while others, Cnarus, are beeing packed all day. And since the servers beeing packt we recocnize the login failure cause the players "spam" the servers as early as possible to get a place on it. Result: often seen on the 41 an 42, that you might be able to see the lobby but as soon you press OK your caracter will not load. And there are only 30-50 people ON.
IF there is no money to get new servers ON, which I can unterstand, then mayby you can consider the change of the maps. Maybe taking 1 (one) Altis Map away for ONE more Cenarus.

Just an Idea. Thx, TC

only thing is all of the altis servers fill up during eu time.

#13 Absolute

Absolute

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 729 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:33 PM

only thing is all of the altis servers fill up during eu time.

No doubt. EU in general puts in work. I'm happy to see BP in its current state. Balancing the servers are a fine line to walk. The Devs will figure it out.

Support the mod guys. We need to show our appreciation. Dosent need to be a year sub, allthough that would be great. Do what you can, when you can. The hours spent working on it, and more importantly economically, the cash put out for operating expenses has got to be a burden when donations are lacking.

#14 ahighhamster

ahighhamster

Forum Special Operative

• Admin
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:00 AM

More Cherno servers...

8e8da2c920d3e2b7252737de2bc2cb5b.jpg

#15 Shroudedpast

Shroudedpast

Members

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:48 AM

I'd love to see more mercenary servers, the only way to play this game ^^

#16 MorphineBP

MorphineBP

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:07 PM

Such a disappointment to see all those good US (not EU) servers (altis, new haven, esseker) empty everytime and those 2 with Chernarus full...

Chernarus is by far the worse map, totally broken (because of Dayz team not sharing source files...). I don't get it.

And everybody knows the map, no challenge anymore.

Have you tried Esseker forest ? So nice.

+1 for Mercenary servers. Cam gameplay is so unrealistic.

#17 Shroudedpast

Shroudedpast

Members

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:14 PM

Those damn Esseker forests, but it's half the charm of it ^^ Not sure how many times and hours i've been running about trying to desperately find me an house xD

#18 SamManero

SamManero

Members

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:46 AM

Removing all chernarus servers right now,fixing the damage and fog may save the mod.

#19 erremmcee

erremmcee

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:05 AM

save it? didn't know it was in danger ^^

#20 SamManero

SamManero

Members

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:11 AM

Look at player numbers. As low as 200 during peak times on EU servers. But I'm imagining aren't I. Everythings OK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users