I am seeing a lot of re-posts because many new users do not use the search function when trying to figure out how to fix a problem. To hopefully prevent excessive re-posting of common problems I am making a short guide listing the solutions to these problems.
Table of Contents:
2. Kicked off the game
3. Launcher Exception Errors
4. Login Failed: The request timed out
- Whitelisting is an automated process that is conducted when a new user signs up for a Breaking Point account. This process can take up to 3-4 hours (about 1 server cycle). A user can also have whitelisting issues if their account is older and they may need to come into the help desk on teamspeak and talk to an admin for assistance.
- To make sure you become whitelisted, make sure to link your steam account to your forum account by going to My Settings -> Manage Steam and entering in your steam credentials. If you used the steam login for the forums then you have already successfully linked your steam, and all you need to go is go to My Settings -> Email and Password to set a local password you will use to log into the launcher. Be patient, browse the web and wait a few hours for the whitelisting to take effect. If you are still not whitelisted after a few hours, come into the help desk on teamspeak for assistance.
2. Message: Kicked off the Game
- This message usually means that you have invalid/missing files or that some of your files are corrupt. This issue is hard to diagnose because everyone usually has different issues. If have other mods installed they could be affecting Breaking Point. Try disabling these mods from the Arma 3 launcher and trying again. You can also try verifying your Breaking Point and Arma 3 files. To verify your Breaking Point files, open your launcher and navigate to the Installation and Updates tab.
- To Verify your Arma 3 Files, right click on Arma 3 in steam and click properties. Once there go to Local Files and click Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
- If you are still getting kicked after verifying your files, navigate to the Launch Options tab on the launcher and UNCHECK disable logs. Now when you connect to a server it should tell you what file you are getting kicked for. Write that file name down and navigate to your @BreakingPoint folder and delete that file. Once you do this Verify the integrity of the Arma 3 Game cache and it will download the missing file.
- If you are still having a lot of issues with files once you try the above steps, the next best solution is just to completely re-install breaking point. To uninstall Breaking Point, navigate to the Installation and Updates tab on the launcher and then click on Uninstall. Once you have done this, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 and make sure that you delete the @BreakingPoint folder if it is not already deleted.
- You then want to un-subscribe from the Breaking Point steam workshop and close steam. Disable any antivirus you have running as it could cause some files not to be downloaded. Re-open steam as administrator and re-subscribe to the Breaking Point workshop to re-download the mod.
- While you are doing this, go ahead and re download the launcher and open it up as administrator. If you don't already, running your games in administrator will solve a lot of problems.
- Once your game is fully downloaded from steam and you have your Breaking Point Launcher open, navigate to the Installation and Updates tab and then click on Link Steam Files. This should complete your setup and everything should be green except for your Arma 3 which may be yellow (this is fine). If after all of this you still have errors, please come into the help desk on teamspeak for assistance.
3. Breaking Point Exception Error
- This is usually caused by something blocking your launcher. Run your launcher as administrator and disable your anti-virus/firewall. If you do not want to completely disable your anti-virus then create an exception for Breaking Point. Also, Make sure that you are logged into the correct steam account with ARMA 3 on it. Other possible solutions include Updating your .net framework and C++ Visual Framework
4. Login Failed: The Request Timed Out. Please try again in a few minutes.
- Again, this could be caused by your anti-virus/firewall blocking the launcher or the login servers could actually be down. To bypass the login, Hold Shift and double click on the launcher to open it in offline mode. You may still be able to play but your stats will not be tracked. Most of the time this issue resolves itself within a few hours.
- If you have ever installed Hamachi, this could also cause an issue and you should uninstall it and see if that helps. You can also try disabling the Hamachi network adapter (pictured below). If you don't know what Hamachi is, then don't worry about it.
- You can also still play BP without the launcher by Launching Arma 3 and going to multiplayer. From there you use the filter to search for breaking point servers and the password to log in is breakingpoint. This method is only recommended until the issue with the launcher is resolved. Your points may not be tracked if you do not use the launcher.
Breaking Point Teamspeak: TS3.THEZOMBIEINFECTION.COM
** Please note that if you come into the Teamspeak for help an admin may not always be available as we are all volunteers. We try to have people on at all hours of the day but we also have lives outside of BP.
** Feel free to comment with any additional solutions to issues. If I find them to be accurate, I will edit my post accordingly.
Edited by NAAMARI, 13 August 2015 - 08:58 AM.