Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:58 AM

deleted...

#22 2uuri

2uuri

Members

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:46 PM

Build system in the game....ok, bad joke. How do you deside whats legal and what isn't, well yes, works like russian legal system...Yes, I admid that, I did build some crates in wrong places. Why...didn't notest post at time. I Don't even need to work for problem...servers are closed. (Included some sarcasm, sorry).

#23 DRerrl

DRerrl

Members

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 01:04 AM

i found 2 items clipped into the terrain. one being a wood crate into a rock, and the other being a safe into a rock also. where do i go / who do i talk to to report these?

#24 basicwarez

basicwarez

Forum Special Operative

• 127 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:06 AM

hi everybody.

Since they are going to delete the havens i had to make a cach this one is located on a slope with stone s next to it when making it ..thinking about the fact it can not be in a rock i placed it just next to it but since the ground is sloping it was hard to get it right.
...when it was green about to be made all looked good BUTTTT when i Make the cach suddenly it appeired partialli in a rock its about 70% out and 30% in...when making it it in green it was looking good 100 % outside.
the problem is that i cant take it a part to REMAKE it that means i have to burn it...go look again for the items and remake it heaving the change that it happens again unless i put it on strait ground in the boushes witchs make s it really easy to be found no mather where u put it.
so i Suggets that it would be nice if we where able to take the cach a part...retrieving our materials to remake it...this olso would make players able to make it good knowing that it cant be placed inside rocks or others...now people tend to think...no one wil notice so they leave it because its to much hassle to refind all the materials and remake it.

Love to hear your opinions plus...what to do with my stash ??

PS il send a picture from my stash to a admin to make sure its the right way.

#25 garfield

garfield

Mr badmin

• Admin
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:20 AM

People seem to be having trouble learning, Deleted more then 20 crates on 1 map today...

Keep it up guys :)

#26 DJTeschmi

DJTeschmi

Breaking Point Extraordinaire

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 1026 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:50 AM

Nice job !

#27 Braindead911

Braindead911

Trigger Happy Moderator

• 2377 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:12 AM

As per the forum rules please refrain from discussing bans publicly on the forums.

If you have questions about one contact an admin via the TS or the Discord instead.

#28 OneDeadDonkey

OneDeadDonkey

Members

• 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:01 PM

The ham fisted deletion policy is moronic at best.

I'm fairly new. But my friends have been here for awhile and DayZ before this from the beginning.

They had 2 crates. Both under the low pines. In places where multiple trees overhang each other. Not in stones. Not in the trunks. Legit under cover.

They explained to me how to stash the crate LEGALLY. When I created my first crate I did as they explained and made sure it complied with the pop up warning that comes up.

Under trees branches. Where it was mostly concealed by the branches. Not in a trunk.

Yesterday all of our crates were gone. The chances that 3 crates spread over 1000m squared all getting torched in the same day? Zero. Chances some ham fisted policy was enforced on people who were trying to do things legit and by the rules? 100%.

So please. Explain to me where am I supposed to place my unlocked easily destroyed valuables and building supplies? Out in the middle of the open airfield? Maybe right on the beach near Cherno?

I agree. Exploiters and cheaters pushing them into rocks and floors should be punished. But how it using low hanging branches an exploit?

#29 Tugboat

Tugboat

Tug Life

• 2634 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:14 PM

Crates are easy to see under trees, especially if people have their foliage AA turned off and their settings lowered. I believe anyone caught collision exploiting gets a short temporary ban, so if you weren't banned, I don't think they were deleted. You should go into the teamspeak and talk with an admin if you are concerned about it.

#30 OneDeadDonkey

OneDeadDonkey

Members

• 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:21 PM

Crates are easy to see under trees, especially if people have their foliage AA turned off and their settings lowered. I believe anyone caught collision exploiting gets a short temporary ban, so if you weren't banned, I don't think they were deleted. You should go into the teamspeak and talk with an admin if you are concerned about it.

See to me that's more of an exploit than anything else. Manipulating ones graphics in order to subvert some portion of the game like you mentioned is the real BS. I've never even heard of doing that, mine are set to ultra and I've never looked at my settings since.

Hell. I only just found out that the reason people were killing me in the dark isn't because they had night vision but because they tweaked their gamma and brightness.

THOSE are exploiters and cheaters who need banning.

#31 Rosco

Rosco

Silly Bugger

• 617 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:06 PM

I also have mine set to ultra - but I can still see crate's more easily (some ridiculously so) from far away, that slowly get harder to see when I get closer due to how ARMA render's things.

Also, some people just don't have the option to set their graphics to anything but low.

Edited by Rosco, 03 June 2016 - 05:07 PM.

#32 BongSau

BongSau

Stone Cold Pimp

• Admin
  • 1629 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:01 PM

Who buys a game to play it on low settings? That's ridiculous too.

I'm not trying to troll. But I did this last night. Lowered all settings then jacked out my view distance as high as it would go.

I could see people I would never have been able to see on ultra with the cover. I did even see a box that I probably wouldn't have either.

Yes, the way Arma renders LODS is horrible, not sure if that's moddable as it is in other engines, but classically LOD modding is a pain.

Having easily destroyed containers is kind of something that should be reconsidered since the admins are going to police placement, but can easily be rendered useless due to limits in the engine and people willing to exploit settings.

Despite the lods and the rendering issues they are still far from useless. It's just something you need to consider when placing your crate or cache. Place them in a spot that isn't visible from distance and don't place them in reeds. I have several caches that have never been found and I've been using the same places for about a year.

#33 Gortias

Gortias

Speech crafting lvl 101

• Senior Admin
  • 755 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:09 PM

Despite the lods and the rendering issues they are still far from useless. It's just something you need to consider when placing your crate or cache. Place them in a spot that isn't visible from distance and don't place them in reeds. I have several caches that have never been found and I've been using the same places for about a year.

Don't worry about that glitch in the matrix Donkey, you did nothing wrong :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users