#1 Kovacs

Kovacs

Forum Juggernaut

• Senior Admin
  • 757 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:28 PM

Please be aware of the following :

http://www.thezombie...tes-and-caches/

If you have any friends or team mates that may be effected by this, then make sure they are aware of it. We will be giving you 72 hours from tonight to sort out your gear etc.  We do not want you to lose any hard earned items, but at the  same time we do have to put a limit on the amount of notice we can give you.

#2 Adun

Adun

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:34 PM

Hi,

Are caches that are placed in bushes affected too?

#3 Cazh

Cazh

eX Imperator

• 2812 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

Hi,

I don't think so.

But why are you even giving them a warning for this?

#4 DBT

DBT

Manual Cleanup Script

• Head Admin
  • 1392 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:37 PM

This is a warning more for the people who have crates partially in a rock or something along those lines, we will have a zero tolerance policy in regards to collision exploited crates after the 72 hours, if a crate is exploited it will be deleted and if necessary the user will be banned. If you are banned you will lose all of your stuff so you guys have 3 days warning to move your gear and remove the crate or contact an admin before we start deleting crates and issuing bans. This is more of a heads up for the community, if one of your crates goes missing and it was partially in another object you now know why.

Hi,

Bushes, long grass, brush, limbs of trees and a dozen more creative spots are perfectly fine, the thing that is not okay is when the storage object is inside of another solid object like a rock, boat, non-enterable building, pile of bricks, pile of garbage, under the floor or in any other solid object; even partially.

#5 kickrock

kickrock

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:05 PM

Bushes, long grass, brush, limbs of trees and a dozen more creative spots are perfectly fine, the thing that is not okay is when the storage object is inside of another solid object like a rock, boat, non-enterable building, pile of bricks, pile of garbage, under the floor or in any other solid object; even partially.

I was honestly concerned about this as well. Mostly because of this post by yourself,

http://www.thezombie...loiting-crates/

Specifically you said "All of your storage objects need to be physically visible." Granted, you followed that up with "without exploiting" but it then brings in the question of "what is an exploit." 

When you place an object inside of a bush/tree/grass then technically the object does not become physically visible without entering that object as well. This may not be to the extent as placing it in a rock, but you understand what I'm saying. Following that up with "if you need to ask if the crate is legitimate the answer is no".

I do appreciate your response though, as it does answer the question of weather or not crates hidden in tall grass fall into this category.

#6 Xinjar

Xinjar

Forum Juggernaut

• 585 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:00 PM

Thank you Kovacs for your concerned we appreciate it good admin work

#7 AussieBobby

AussieBobby

Forum Special Operative

• 247 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 06:22 PM

"if you need to ask if the crate is legitimate the answer is no"

Without giving away some of the hiding spots Iv found and being thinking off trying.

If my toon can legitimately get on, under and in(cave and not that cave),then the crate placement should be fine?

#8 DBT

DBT

Manual Cleanup Script

• Head Admin
  • 1392 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:03 PM

"if you need to ask if the crate is legitimate the answer is no"

Without giving away some of the hiding spots Iv found and being thinking off trying.

If my toon can legitimately get on, under and in(cave and not that cave),then the crate placement should be fine?

It is pretty much common sense, if you can get into a cave without glitching through rock faces then it is fine.

#9 Turkinpippuri

Turkinpippuri

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:33 AM

Placing a crate into bushes or tall grass has been discussed several times, but does this mean you can only place a crate on flat ground? This is something I'm still not clear on. Technically, pretty much every crate not placed on completely flat ground is inside ground to some extent. Even if totally visible when judging with common sense, most crates would be at least some 10-25% inside ground.

Anyway good that these steps are taken.

#10 shael6636

shael6636

Read the #$@% Wiki!

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 407 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:50 AM

Placing a crate into bushes or tall grass has been discussed several times, but does this mean you can only place a crate on flat ground? This is something I'm still not clear on. Technically, pretty much every crate not placed on completely flat ground is inside ground to some extent. Even if totally visible when judging with common sense, most crates would be at least some 10-25% inside ground.

Anyway good that these steps are taken.

Collision exploiting means you or your storage object has its collision mesh poking through another objects collision mesh, E.G. Inside of the model of a rock, car, building, boat, pile of garbage, stack of bricks, or any other non accessible area.

See this link for more clarification: http://www.thezombie...loiting-crates/

Basically if its got a corner inside a piece of hill, tree or along those lines I'm fairly certain you will be ok.

But if you deliberately placed a crate inside a wrecked car, under a building, etc then its a collision exploit.

If you have to do some gymnastics to access a crate or it cant be seen because its inside something it shouldnt be then.......its going to be most likely deleted and then you may receive a ban etc.

#11 Turkinpippuri

Turkinpippuri

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:07 AM

^ Sounds great, thanks for the clarification.

#12 IanH

IanH

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 549 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:13 PM

So are crates on slopes okay?  I don't have any but I recall them all being raised up last time so that they didn't embed into the slope.

#13 shael6636

shael6636

Read the #$@% Wiki!

• Breaking Point VIP
  • 407 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:59 PM

So are crates on slopes okay?  I don't have any but I recall them all being raised up last time so that they didn't embed into the slope.

Any crates that "were" placed on a slope and collision exploited into a hill etc now on server restart will automatically "pop up" to the surface so this specific exploit was fixed.

Placing a cache / crate on the side of a hill that isnt inside the hill is fine.

#14 S4R1N

S4R1N

Forum Special Operative

• 123 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:11 PM

The eaisest of these is between shipping containers, only about an inch of the crate is visible. Did this a few times when I was new.

I dont even bother with crates anymore, I just use my haven or my ally's.

#15 funstuffalex

funstuffalex

Forum Special Operative

• 107 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:34 AM

I had a crate in a bush that was very close to a normal standing tree( not a lug). It was very well hidden and you couldn't see it unless you  get your face against it.

It got missing around the same time as this announcement states the deletion was to happen.

Is there a way to get the crate back?

#16 Linkn

Linkn

Breaking Point Extraordinaire

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 1720 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:39 AM

Is there a way to get the crate back?

no

#17 GoinPostal

GoinPostal

Breaking Point Extraordinaire

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 1114 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:46 PM

The best crate I ever had was in one of the busy citys on the main highway of Altis, not 10 feet from the highway placed completely in the open. It lasted for four months until this last wipe.. completely full of top tier loot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 S4R1N

S4R1N

Forum Special Operative

• 123 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:14 PM

The best crate I ever had was in one of the busy citys on the main highway of Altis, not 10 feet from the highway placed completely in the open. It lasted for four months until this last wipe.. completely full of top tier loot.

Haha, brilliant!

#19 Meatshield

Meatshield

Captain of the short bus

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 2473 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:22 AM

Hiding in plain sight is the best. I wont even say where mine have been because I still reuse the same spot.

#20 TuffFishUK

TuffFishUK

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:19 PM

Hiding in plain sight is the best. I wont even say where mine have been because I still reuse the same spot.

^This.

Mine got burned last week after using the same spot for over a year, so I may as well share it.

Frini Graveyard, behind a grave in the north-east corner. I placed it there because you only go in there for one small building, and there are two exits. My logic was that no-one would ever feel the need to do anything but open the gate and go to the building before leaving.

I also placed it there as I thought it was pretty fucking cool, kind of a "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" feel to it.

Pretty sure the guy who burned it did not find it on his own accord, and rather tailed me there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users