Inactive Havens, Storage Objects and Vehicles Cleanup

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_deathlyrage_*

Guest_deathlyrage_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:19 AM

As of next mod update, all inactive havens, storage objects and vehicles will get cleaned up on a daily basis with a automated script. 

Vehicles:

Duration: 5 Days

Inactive Timer: Resets when inventory contents change or position moves.

Havens:

Duration: 6 Days

Inactive Timer: Resets when haven is locked. It will also reset the timer on all storage objects inside the building for you automatically on lock.

Storage Objects:

Duration: 7 Days

Inactive Timer: Resets when inventory contents change

As you can see, havens will reset after 6 days of inactivity. This will give players the opportunity to raid any gear on the 6th and 7th day before the storage objects are reset.

Also another note, empty storage objects will be deleted daily. Be sure to leave at least one item in your storage object like the book, Breaking Point for dummies.

#2 Valtiel

Valtiel

Breaking Point Extraordinaire

• Developer
  • 1555 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:31 AM

And on that 7th day, Deathly rested.

#3 jonesy71

jonesy71

Members

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:32 AM

Hi guys,

I understand that the servers need to be regulated and cleaned up of gear just sitting there, but due to holidays at Christmas and other times of the year players will stand to lose their havens and gear that's taken weeks and months to acquire, not sure 6 days is fair ?

can it not be set to 15 days? as 14 days is most commonly the max holiday duration.....

just a thought....

#4 Guest_deathlyrage_*

Guest_deathlyrage_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:35 AM

Hi guys,

I understand that the servers need to be regulated and cleaned up of gear just sitting there, but due to holidays at Christmas and other times of the year players will stand to lose their havens and gear that's taken weeks and months to acquire, not sure 6 days is fair ?

can it not be set to 15 days? as 14 days is most commonly the max holiday duration.....

just a thought....

Players will also loose their gear because they are not there to stop it from being found and burnt. Regardless if they are inactive for that they are going to loose it anyway. 

#5 jonesy71

jonesy71

Members

• 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:40 AM

I was referring specifically to havens...

#6 Guest_deathlyrage_*

Guest_deathlyrage_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:43 AM

I was referring specifically to havens...

Havens won't remain indestructable.

#7 CaptCrash

CaptCrash

Forum Juggernaut

• 354 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:44 AM

Havens won't remain indestructable.

interesting.......

#8 jonesy71

jonesy71

Members

• 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:51 AM

Havens and storage units (boxes & cabinets)  take a considerable investment of time collecting all the required parts to create them, then after that the ongoing challenge of successfully looting a high risk area or crash site and returning with high value loot to store is also at risk....

Just think the 6 days is particularly harsh given the investment made. 

and if they are to be made 'destroyable' - then what's the point? I wouldn't bother to make another, then a whole part of the game will become pointless..?

#9 Guest_deathlyrage_*

Guest_deathlyrage_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:57 AM

Havens and storage units (boxes & cabinets)  take a considerable investment of time collecting all the required parts to create them, then after that the ongoing challenge of successfully looting a high risk area or crash site and returning with high value loot to store is also at risk....

and if they are to be made 'destroyable' - then what's the point? I wouldn't bother to make another, then a whole part of the game will become pointless..?

This discussion may need to be in another section. Destructible Havens is about as 'pointless' as dying, and exactly as pointless as storage objects being destructible.

#10 TheBang

TheBang

Forum Special Operative

• 223 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:58 AM

You think that you can make holidays in a post apocalyptical world with Zombies and the House will stay fine and locked?
Dude, it's fucking anarchism!

Christmas is 3 days or max. 4.

If you don't have 1h in 6 days, so you can just login and open the haven and close it again it's your problem.

6 days is fine for me.

Maybe we just need a new Server. "Mercenary", "Regular", "Pussy world".

In this new Mode you can't die. Zombies won't make any damage and you have a cloud where you can safe all weapons 100% safe. You are also able to take out stuff of your cloud everywhere and everytime.

Ah and no fall damage etc., too ofc!

I like this update!

#11 KarlMySuitcase

KarlMySuitcase

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:04 AM

Allthough havens maybe, or maybe not, should last longer. This will make for some interesting gameplay, I'm looking forward.

#12 jonesy71

jonesy71

Members

• 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:11 AM

Unfortunately i don't take my rig away with me, it's kind of large & heavy...

... and was replying to a post 'in this section' with an opinion....

I didn't say at any point i was opposed to the concept merely thought 6 days harsh given the investment of time and effort.

If this is the way it will be.... so be it.

'pointless' is to reply and have an opinion....... 

#13 Flappy

Flappy

Members

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:12 AM

I agree that the havens must be destructible. It's logical. But the effort to destruct them must be much much higher than the one to build it. 

As a solo player, it was very harsh to loot all the needed items for my haven. If a team can harvest all the future loot to destroy it in a small period of time, the game will become very complicated for lone player. 

Just my opinion. 

#14 Cazh

Cazh

eX Imperator

• 2812 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:08 AM

Any word on how havens will be handled in the future when they're no longer indestructible? Teasers?

#15 Guest_SousChef_*

Guest_SousChef_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:10 AM

This is such a great start to help ensure scarce resources such as vehicles and havens are being used. Now that there is a system for this all the factors that impact it can be taken into account and tweaked...

Can't weigh all the variables the behaviors this will impact but anything that increases the utilization efficiency of scarce resources should give more players the opportunity to access them. 

It will also give a counter argument to those who complain about hoarders...the shorter the objects last without being maintained the less hoarding complaints possibly? Although, there are some zealots and extremists who will always find a reason to argue for arguments sake... 

#16 Duckalot

Duckalot

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:13 AM

Jonesy71, I'm going to be staying home around Christmas . if you would like ,I have not problem stopping by your haven and checking in for you . Just let me know the location and code .Problem solved !

#17 IanH

IanH

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 549 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:19 AM

Deathly.  Does this apply to military crates outside havens or is it just havens and haven storage?

I think large groups aren't going to have a problem visiting their storage regularly but solo players might have a bigger challenge if they've laid down crates in different parts of the map.

#18 gzegzolek

gzegzolek

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:25 AM

Finally,nice very good idea :)

#19 Mylum

Mylum

Forum Survivor

• 52 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:26 AM

I like this. It should open up a bunch of safe havens from inactive people, foreclosed real estate.

#20 KarlMySuitcase

KarlMySuitcase

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:28 AM

LoL, we have 4 unused havens on US 16, 2 filled with high tier loot. We stopped playing Altis actively, so citizens of US 16, you are welcome to lock them down again, with all the shit inside. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users