442 replies to this topic

#1 Smitti

Smitti

The Grumpiest Head Forum Moderator

• Senior Admin
  • 1535 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:33 PM

Hi guys and girls,

The online wiki is now being actively worked on. Over the next few days you should start to see some changes in the information available. We have begun with simply removing old information first to remove clutter in the weapons pages and updating existing entries, but once that has been completed we will be focusing more on adding new weapons entries, fluff for existing weapons without it, new and updated images of vehicles, items, backpacks etc, and adding information on new gameplay mechanics as it becomes available. 

If anyone has any specific requests on what they'd like to see improved upon/rectified/added first, feel free to post it here or contact us via PM.

Regards,

Smitti & The BP Online Wiki Team

#2 Klitsie

Klitsie

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:56 PM

I would like to see a screenshot of every scope overlay. :)

#3 Cadillac190

Cadillac190

Members

• Breaking Point Alpha Tester
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:25 AM

loot drop chance would be nice to know :D

#4 Guest_shael6636_*

Guest_shael6636_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:33 AM

I would like to see a screenshot of every scope overlay. :)

It something we will look at down the track as we start updating all the attachments.

#5 Klitsie

Klitsie

Forum Special Operative

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:43 AM

Already in there, but not in percentages. And I don't think devs want to have the percentages on there.

#6 BaNaNAx3

BaNaNAx3

Members

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:51 AM

I might have known it

#7 Linkn

Linkn

Breaking Point Extraordinaire

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 1720 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:09 AM

It something we will look at down the track as we start updating all the attachments.

allso need to wait for them to be updated and polished.

#8 Smitti

Smitti

• Senior Admin
  • 1535 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:22 AM

We will keep the rarity (common, uncommon etc) but won't elaborate any further.

#9 Guest_shael6636_*

Guest_shael6636_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:43 PM

Would like 

Scopes ( and the special ones  where they spawn ) - this might make players venture out more, as some dont understand where to find items.

• Not sure if we can do this with specifics other than the type of crates / etc where they spawn, the devs dont want the High Loot Spawn areas discussed

Backpack sizes  e.g. how much it can carry  ( in conjunction with this the item sizes only large items like guns, building materials anything worth someones time to worry about ) 

• We have already discussed looking into this, trying to work out the best ingame weight measurement value, not sure if the KG idea can be used

E.g.   Nomad backpack can carry 80Kg     - mx spec ops ( 25kg ) etc etc Ultra scope ( 5kg ) 

More detail on haven interior products like gun cabinets , chest etc and how they work so all new players understand. 

• Already planned, the buildings that can used as havens have already had their pictures uploaded. The items inside the havens will be updated shortly (weapons are still the priority)

A map with basic hotspots for new players ( not to much detail to ruin the fun )
will also get them going faster which will hopefully raise the players in the areas. ( everyone likes more action )

• Again something that can be looked at but comes down to how much information that the devs want released, in all honesty the answer will be "go and explore and find out"

car strength  ( wouldnt mind an estimation of how many 7.62 bullets it would take in the correct spots to disable ) 

• Down the road can be looked into

This info should be easily accessed and calculated but its whether or not you want it available for everyone to see
Personally i don't care if its in or out but wouldn't mind knowing these things, but it makes the game easily accessible for all players of all Gaming experience which will enable more action for players across the board.

Dont hate me ;) just putting it out there

No we love the suggestions Aussieeee, as previously stated the priority for the updates is the main used information i.e.

• Weapons
  • Gear (backpacks / vests)
  • Attachements
  • Havens / Construction

#10 Smitti

Smitti

• Senior Admin
  • 1535 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:55 PM

Item spawn locations won't be disclosed other than how they are now (military barracks, civilian buildings etc) as Deathlyrage has already stated he doesn't want this information available.

Backpack capacity is already listed but I understand what you mean regarding what the values mean relative to individual item weight. I'll have to check how forthcoming we can be regarding that stuff.

More detailed info regarding haven furniture will be looked at.

As for the map with basic hot spots, a vague guide might be possible, will look at it.

As for vehicle strength, I think the current suck-it-and-see approach with almost everything will probably stand. I'll look into it though. I get that players generally don't have a spare vodnik or hunter lying about and a glut of 7.62 ammo to test this and find out for themselves, maybe a vague vehicle toughness/armour (light, medium, heavy, dont-even-bother-wasting-ammo sort of thing) and perhaps a fuel capacity. Will look at it.

Edit: Shael beat me to it.

#11 Smitti

Smitti

• Senior Admin
  • 1535 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:23 PM

Capable hands? Bit of a stretch there mate :P

Wiki page loaded fine for me @ work on my mobile.

#12 Guest_shael6636_*

Guest_shael6636_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:26 PM

Also is the wiki website currently down... couldn't connect to it earlier?

Not sure why this is but it could be related to us updating the pages (will have to confirm this with the devs) but you should be still able to access it from this link if the main page on the forums isnt working;

http://thezombieinfe...x.php/Main_Page

#13 Guest_deathlyrage_*

Guest_deathlyrage_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:33 AM

The url changed from breakingpointmod.com/wiki to thezombieinfection.com/wiki. We are still finding places the URL is stored and changing the links where possible.

#14 HazardousJesus

HazardousJesus

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• 1628 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:07 AM

heres a alternative method to measure how much a bag can carry. use 5.56 mags as your basis. its been a long time since i used this but i was able to see the weight differences between bags. example:

activity rucksack can only carry about 18 5.56 mags while the british pack can carry 22. the nomad ALICE carries about 26 5.56 mags if i remember correctly. etc but it will depends if the devs lowered the space a 5.56 mag occupies now. but its still a good alternative  :)

its funny how some people dump their outlaw equipment backpack for a Sports backpack from time to time  :lol:

#15 Linkn

Linkn

Breaking Point Extraordinaire

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 1720 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:16 AM

Alot of people ask what bag holds the most stuff. So i did a comparason using 5.56 mags, and this is the results i got. 

Link to wiki page

http://breakingpoint...title=Backpacks

http://breakingpoint...php?title=Vests

Bags  
Civ bag - 10
Sports bag - 15
Ranger medic pack - 17
Outlaw Equip pack - 18
Activity bag - 19
British bag - 22
Outlaw Heavy pack - 24
Nomad Alic pack- 26
Survival Bag - 27
Nomad Czech Pack - 30

Vests/belt  
Ranger belt - No armor - 4
Survival rig - Light armor - 6
TacVest - No armor - 8
Equipment harness - Light armor - 8
Plate Carrier - Medium Armor - 10

Hope you found it usefull.

-Linkn

Edit log

-Updated with Armor for Vests.

-Wiki page updated

I dont think the vest/belt sizes are correct, but the bags should be.

#16 Guest_deathlyrage_*

Guest_deathlyrage_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:45 AM

heres a alternative method to measure how much a bag can carry. use 5.56 mags as your basis. its been a long time since i used this but i was able to see the weight differences between bags. example:

activity rucksack can only carry about 18 5.56 mags while the british pack can carry 22. the nomad ALICE carries about 26 5.56 mags if i remember correctly. etc but it will depends if the devs lowered the space a 5.56 mag occupies now. but its still a good alternative  :)

its funny how some people dump their outlaw equipment backpack for a Sports backpack from time to time  :lol:

I wish I had that many magazines for my M4A3 /w Bayonet :(

#17 gaweu

gaweu

Forum Survivor

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:57 AM

I just hope there wont be all info at that wiki and people will need to find out most of things themself :P

#18 BigDogSco

BigDogSco

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 941 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:01 AM

I wish I had that many magazines for my M4A3 /w Bayonet :(

Who needs mags when you've got a bayonet!?

#19 HazardousJesus

HazardousJesus

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• 1628 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:12 AM

Who needs mags when you've got a bayonet!?

tbh deathly doesnt even need those. give him some tennisballs and bricks. see what happens  :lol:

#20 BigDogSco

BigDogSco

Forum Juggernaut

• Breaking Point Donator
  • 941 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:30 AM

tbh deathly doesnt even need those. give him some tennisballs and bricks. see what happens :lol:

He'll snap the ropes holding him to the FUCKING HELICOPTER!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wiki, Knowledge is power

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users